a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

? cost to have a sail restiched

Started by bob hunter, January 13, 2006, 07:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob hunter

The sun shield on my roller furling genoa needs to be resewn.It dosen't need to be repaired.The stiching attaching the sunbrella to the sail is pretty much gone. About how much will a sail shop charge to overstich the sunshield for my CP23/3 ?

spaul

Hi Bob and welcome to the group. If your sail is that old or that Sun damaged I'd think it might need cleaned and or re-resined. Only you know that. I would suggest you consider the LeMauney (sp?) process. I've visited their site and I believe they will clean, apply a secret coating and stitch your cover back on. Might call them for  a price.
I was a tornado victim a year ago and my 135 Genoa was torn. The Suncover replacement was about 250 bucks if I remember correctly. This was shipping and repairing some tears as well but this was at North Sails North of Detroit. If you want a name look up North Sails, Detroit shop and ask for Wally.
Steve Paul

spaul

Bob, if you like the sail as is order some  sail thread. UV stabilized polyester thread from Sailrite and have a local upholstery shop stitch it for you. I've done my own sewing on sails and seats it's pretty easy really.
Steve