2011 TICE'S SHOALS RONDAYVOO!

Started by Bob23, February 03, 2011, 08:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty19

Great story, Bob thanks for sharing! 
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

jthatcher

hi Bob,
  i finally got around to reading your report from the voo...   wish we could have been there.    of course, we would probably pass on the pabst and the other friend that you brought along...  iced tea is our preferred beverage, and , when we want something strong, we let the tea bag in a little longer :)  but, that aside,  i am sure that the company would have been great - even if it was only you!   and the pics were wonderful.     so, one goal that we did not reach this summer was taking the boat out over night.. I am looking forward to that next summer, provided, of course, that the boat rides out the storm and survives!  we will just have to see how things turn out..

a few years ago we had to evacuate our school early in our summer program due to potential flooding.   I was part of the administrative team at the time, and the person in charge of the music program was trying to organize things so that students would have their instruments so they could continue to practice for the concert planned for the end of the week.  I watched as the business manager grew impatient and then finally, remarked " we may not even have a building to perform in by the end of the week"    i kind of feel that way about this weekend..   i am hoping to come down and get some items off the boat - the motor etc..  but, the reality is that, when all is said and done, i might not have a boat to put the motor on!   guess we will just have to see...   jt

Greene

Quote from: Billy on August 21, 2011, 09:17:25 PM
Bob, I have a French press at home, the best way to drink coffee!

I've thought about bringing it on the boat but I'm not sure how to heat the water. Or what to heat it in for that matter.

How do you do it? I have a charcoal grill but that would take an hour to get water to boil.

Billy, here is a pic of our coffee essentials.  Even though the Admiral doesn't drink the stuff (tea for her) I have to have my coffee in the morning.  The cheapo butane stove sells for around $20 bucks on Amazon and it works amazingly well.  It heats the coffee pot (we just remove the inside parts of the pot) in a jiffy even when there is a fair breeze going.  The butane cylinders are available at any local Asian food market for about $1.75 each and they last a long time.  I am still on the first can and we have used it several times.  Add your coffee press and you are in business.  We make about 3/4 of a pot full of hot water and it gives us coffee, tea and 2 servings of instant oatmeal for breakfast. 

Mike and B
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

Billy

1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

JParody

Are there ever any CP events in North Carolina's  Jordan Lake, Tillery, Badin, or Lake Norman? 
I hope to meet you (all) somewhere!  I like a good cup of coffee AND tea also. 
Although Puff does not have an "official" drink of any kind yet... Jose's cousin, Patron, might be it!
Oh!  I have already had many morning cups of tea on her... in the driveway!

Thanks for all of your postings.  I am learning every day!

I like the butane stove top! Nice size.

Jill

wes

Jill - I don't want to highjack this thread, so will start a new post "NC Sailing" elsewhere on the site. See you there. . .

- Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina