Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Bimini for CP19

Started by vigsail, June 26, 2005, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigsail

Hi,
Was wondering if anyone has installed a bimini on their 19.  I have a four-month old son and anything I can do to keep him in the shade would be great.  My thinking is that the bimini would be so low that there would be little room to stand in the cockpit and so short (because of the main-sheet system on the 19II) that it might not be worth it.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

crbakdesign

I fabricated a bimini for my Com-Pac 16.  It covers the hatch and first 4 feet of the cockpit.  We've used it several times this summer in the heat and it's a great addition.  When the wind dies and the sun is bearing down, there's nothing like sitting with your legs stretched out  and enjoying a picnic in the shade. I'm 6'1" and don't have any problem with it, and I'm certain if anything, you will have more room aboard a CP 19.

It's low, but not to the point that we feel crowded, and the boom swings clear.  I have two clips on the shrouds to clip the ball bungi cords and two bungi's at the stern.  When I'm at the rudder, I can see over and below the bimini.  For my style  you will need to cleat your main sail sheet at the stern.  There's all kinds of different bimini styles.  If you go to the Yahoo com-pac group discussion group and check out the files section you can get a look at different ideas.

vigsail

The bimini looks nice -- glad to hear it doesn't get in the way too much.  I'll check out the Yahoo group also.
Thanks for the help.