a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

THE "LAST 25" IS NOW OURS!

Started by Phil McGuire, April 03, 2011, 09:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil McGuire

JUBLIEE is safe in Marathon, FL  after the original owner, Frank Durant crossed from the Bahamas and delivered her to Dinner Key in Coral Gables.  We brought her on down the inside and thru Moser Channel to our home off Sisters Creek.
Our first night out was wild as the Keys had a freak lightning storm for over 3 hours and gusts to 45.

This boat looks like she just left the factory!  Our next trip will be to the Ft Jefferson and the Dry Tortugas.  Thanks again, Frank for getting her as far south as time permitted.  It was great to meet you.

Jackie and Phil McGuire

nearlynu

Congratulations on the purchase. I own hull 24 and for now land locked on a small lake in Meridian MS. No shortage of good sailing though, 25 to 30 today and it was a lot of fun. Enjoy your new boat and keep us informed of your travels and how the boat handles.

Cheers

Greg

Jackie McGuire

Quote from: nearlynu on April 03, 2011, 09:29:07 PM
Congratulations on the purchase. I own hull 24 and for now land locked on a small lake in Meridian MS. No shortage of good sailing though, 25 to 30 today and it was a lot of fun. Enjoy your new boat and keep us informed of your travels and how the boat handles.

Cheers

Greg

Hey Greg-

We are finally getting some sailing in down here and the 25 is a fine boat.  We don't think she is as easy to sail as our 23 was but the standing headroom and enclosed head make up for that.  You sound much more adventurous than we will ever be.  The 2.5 draft sure comes in handy in the Keys.... come on down

nearlynu

Glad you are enjoying your 25! I am not as adventurous as you think; I promise you I had the main sail reefed. It was interesting to me to see how the boat reacted with just a reefed main, then just the head sail, and then reefed main with just a small amount of canvas out front. Both sails reefed helped a lot with balance in that wind. I could not make much headway though, but it was fun trying. I hope to get down in your area one of these days and who knows maybe we will run into each other. I am thinking about  tailoring down to the Pensacola area this fall. The sailing grounds look great and it is only 5 hours away!

Happy Sailing

Greg

frank

G-day Phil and Jackie. Haven't been on here in a while. It was great to meet both of you as well. Hope you are enjoying the boat and getting some sailing time in. You have a great playground there !!   Have fun kids  ;-)    PS...still not really warming up here at home. low 70's today...high 60's tomorrow. Come on summer!!
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men