a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Started by jhopps, May 10, 2005, 10:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhopps

Hi to all,

I bought my CP16 in 1986 it was a 1983 model sail NO. 1875.

this was in Michigan.  I had to move to Tennessee in 1997 and leave my boat in storage back in Michigan.  My parrents were getting Old and needed someone to help care for them.  Anyway, I have not been able to get back up to Michigan to get my boat and miss her very much.  I hope maybe to go up and get it this summer if I can afford to.

In additions to learning much about my own boat I crewed on other peoples boats alot while RACING.  Nearly all my sailing was on Lake Sinclaire MI.  Most of the RACING was done on boats between 22 and 36 foot.  I allways thought it would be great to get some other CP16 sailors together to form a Racing Fleet but I did not know How to contact them and also did not think many of them would be interested.  But if any of you have not tried racing you should.  You will either love it or hate it.  But if you want to just find out were racing is going on in your area and volinteer to crew and you will be welcomed aboard.  

Just wanted to make this post to let you all know something about me.

bye for now.

Craig

Sounds like fun. With the great foiled rudder debate, would you have separate classes for foiled and non-foiled rudders?  :D

Craig

jhopps

No.  Com pac 16 are not really the kind of boat a serious RACER would buy, for our purpose we would just need to use some Handicap value to make adjustment so the two types of boats (with or without foiled rudder) could be sailed together.  To race as a one design you would need two or more boats (most clubs require five) that would  want to race.  If you can find somebody in your area that want to try do it.  My advise would be to go crew on some other Race Boats first to see what it is all about and then set up your ComPac16 race schedule and have some fun.

Gil Weiss

How about a class for motor sailing a CP16? Divvy it up by horsepower and the foiled vs non foiled rudder.

Seriously, here at Lake Nockamixon we seem to have the largest collection of CP16's in one spot north of Clearwater Florida. This summer we could definately have a class race.