News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

How do I contact the Board Administrator?

Started by GeorgeBoley, April 29, 2005, 01:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeBoley

Folks, this is not a very auspicious entry to this website.  I registered 2 hours ago, and the system will not allow me to log in: it says that my username or password is no good and says that I should contact the Board Administrator.  (A link to the Board Adminsitrator would be nice.)  I wrote them BOTH down, and have made NO ERRORS attempting to log in.  All I am trying to do is find out how to edit my listing that I posted 2 hours ago.  I want to add a photo and website number to it.  Not only am I unable to do THAT, I am now unable to log in.  Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated - this is not going well. :x

Craig

George,

I may or may not be able to help. I am one of the ones who volunteered to help administer this site.
Did you register both on the classified and on the forum? You need to register for both. You can use the same user name and password, but you have to register at both. The original administrator was kind enough to use all freeware and the classified and forum pages use different software.

Let me know if this helps at all.

Craig

CaptK

Hi George -

The way the website is setup, you *have* to make username/password combos to post content for *each section*. HOWEVER - You can use the same username/passwd combo for all sections. (Example; if you set up user "GeorgeB" and password "curmudgeon" ;) at the Forum, you can use the same words to register in the Gallery and at the Classifieds.).  I think this has been covered elsewhere in the Forums, and would be a good thing to post on a FAQ page, if one gets set up.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is. During the time I spent 2 weeks of non-stop setup that it took to make the site, these were the available options. I'd like a one-step signup for it all, but it just won't work that way. Still, it's not too hard to remember one username/passwd combo that'll work in every section.
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...