Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

NEED SOME HELP....

Started by Bob23, February 06, 2011, 07:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Paying bills. No, just kidding.
   For some reason, I'm not able to type in more than 12 or 13 lines. It has not always been this way as in the distant past, I was able to freely exercise my long winded-ness. Thinking it might be my 8 1/2 year old Dell, I tried another computer but, alas, same thing.
   Is there some kind of setting here at the site that I should know about? Thanks in advance for your help.
Bob23

Greene

Nope - just a special line limiter we all chipped in to buy for the forum to keep your ramblings to a minimum.  Everyone else we allow to type until their little hearts are content.  Funny thing is when we asked for contributions to the fund we received large checks from every single member.  Odd isn't it?   I personally voted for an 8 word limit for you, but I was out voted.

Hee hee hee!

Mike "I can type all I want and Bob can't!" Greene

'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

brackish

Quote from: Greene on February 06, 2011, 11:07:36 PM
Nope - just a special line limiter we all chipped in to buy for the forum to keep your ramblings to a minimum.  Everyone else we allow to type until their little hearts are content.  Funny thing is when we asked for contributions to the fund we received large checks from every single member.  Odd isn't it?   I personally voted for an 8 word limit for you, but I was out voted.

Hee hee hee!

Mike "I can type all I want and Bob can't!" Greene

ROTFLOL!!!!.:)

Salty19

Bob, I'm not sure how to fix this.  Mine does the same thing.  Must have a big mouth too.

Actually it continues to type I just can't scroll down to see what is being typed. 
So the quick solution is to type out your LONG message in notepad, then paste into a blank "ready to be edited" post.  Go to the start key, then "run", then type in "notepad" and press enter (without quotes).
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

newt

Cool. I have had this problem for while. I will see if it eorks.

Salty19

Geez! Greene did you collect $$ for more than just Bob's secret hush fund?  I'm seeing a trend here and never was asked for a donation? :)
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bob23

I never woulda thought our own Mike Greene would have stooped so low... I'm crushed. If one picture is worth a thousand words, I can just post 10 photos!
Yes, Mike, that is exactly what mine does. It makes writing long posts most difficult. I wonder if HenryC has this problem. I'll try your solution with a filibuster!!! Hahaha!!!
Bob23

Greene

OK Bob.  I refunded everyone's checks and returned the line limiting software to the manufacturer.  Maybe I'm the one that should be limited to 8 word posts, as that constitutes almost 40% of my entire vocabulary.  (Well, maybe slightly less than 40% if you count the swear words I can spell.)

Mike Greene
CEO
Pick On Bob Cuz It's Fun Club

Bob23

Mike:
   I think it's fair to warn you that the feds are conducting an investigation into the finances of the "Pick On Bob Cuz It's Fun" organization to see if any cooporate funds may have been used for any of your personal needs like that luxury sailboat that you own. As CEO, you must have known you'd be a target which explains the recent "refunding everyones checks". They asked me what you did for a living; I really didn't know. It is curious how this company just suddently appeared, took in lots of money and then seems to be defunct now  while you are obviously living the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Curious, huh. Whisperings of misappropriations of funds, stockholder fraud, inside trading and worse yet- jail time aboard the new Hunter Motorsailer are abounding.
   Frankly, I'm shocked that we allow criminals here at the site but in all fairness, you are to be considered innocent  until proven guilty. Of course, my personal testimony can be, ah, flavored a little depending on the quality and quantity of rum you send my way. If you agree to wax the topsides and cabintops of everyones boats here at the site, I may even testiffy that previous to this infraction, you were an upstanding member of the community and this lapse in judgement may be due to the cabin fever you experienced from the snow storms this winter which would steer the blame away from you.
    But it's not all bad news...I'm sure Brenda will visit you in jail and be waiting for you when you get out. If you get out. Maybe while your'e there you could teach Bernie Madoff  about sailing from some of the books we'll send you.
    Crime just doesn't pay, my friend. I hope they hold sentencing off till after the CLR 2011!
Bob23

Greene

Don't worry about little ol' me Bob.  I come from a small, relatively unknown country called Stupidia.  As a lifelong Stupidian who only recently arrived in the U.S., I maintain diplomatic immunity.  No jail time for this Stupidian.  

As a youth at Not So Bright Senior High in Stupidia I excelled in Sarcasm and S.A. classes.  Unfortunately I didn't perform so well in the Watch Your Tongue or There Are Limits classes.  

I know I can't blame all my mistakes on my Stupida upbringing, but sometimes I just can't resist.  In the future I'll try to forget how much of a Stupidian I am and become the kinder, gentler person so admired in the U.S.  

As my first step in this new, helpful, non S.A. lifestyle I will respond properly to your original inquiry.  Type in a line using Superscript and then a line of Subscript.  This will give you 26 lines in the space of 13.  Oh yeah! I was the best student at Dull Edges Vocational College in Stupidia.  I really excelled at Acheiving Non-Sensical Solutions class.

My humble apologies,

Mike Greene
Stupidian Ambassador - North America

Bob23

STUPIDIA?!  I thought I recognized you...you sat in the 2nd row about halfway back in Mrs. Dumbo's analytical geometry class! Well, it's a small world after all!!!
Bob23
(Thanks...you got a +!)