- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

19 FOR SALE

Started by Billy, February 07, 2011, 03:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy

1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Salty19

Don't you hate it when people can't put the most basic of information, like the year of the boat, in an ad? 
At least they said the sails were in good to fair shape.  So in used sailboat ad speak, that means "Blown out and missing hanks". 
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Billy

LOL or broken battons!

And "2 sets ofsails" means one set is old and the other set is older. well he did say it has a bow roller so it must be at least an '84 right?
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Salty19

LOL...

I am always amused at ad descriptions.

"Hull in good condition" means "You only have to scrape 3 layers of paint vs the usual 11 layers"
"Has been stored since 19xx" means "It has been neglected since 19xx"
"Good motor" means "I really hope you don't try to start it before buying because the carb is clogged"
"New sails" means:  "They were new at one time and now they are not"
"New running rigging" means: "You'll have to replace it again because I used cheap 3/8 line for everything 'cuz that's all Home Depot had.
"Motor mount in good shape" means:  "It's missing a few parts but still works provided you leave it in the down position"
"Gelcoat in good shape" means:  "yea, it's oxidized and patched, did you check out the super bowl last weekend?"
"New bottom paint" means:  "I am asking for a lot more than it's worth because this job has taken a year off my life".
"Trailer in good condition" means: "I wouldn't tow it more than 500 feet, but I'm sure you'll be fine taking from Florida back to Chicago with you"
"Cushions are good"  means: "The foam has broken down and they smell moldy but the dog has taken a liking to them"
"Overall in excellent condition" means: "If you take 25 steps back and get an overall view you won't notice the problems right away"
"Boat cover" means: "It comes with one of those green tarps with tattered edges from slapping against the hull all winter".
"Upgrading to a new boat" means:  "I figured out that it will cost me less to buy a new one than to fix this boat"
"Minor fiberglass repair means: "the mast fell and nearly killed me, taking out half of the transom in the process " or possibly "my cousin rammed it with his fishing boat, he drinks a lot".
"New standing rigging" means:  "mast step has been repaired"

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

kickingbug1

this is the reason i dont put pictures of my  52 on here.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"