a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Compac 16 for Sail (Sale) $2000.00

Started by rwdsr, September 15, 2010, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwdsr

OK everybody, I guess I'm going to make it official, I'm listing my 16 for sale.  It has a brand new hull job, less than 1 year old with the highest quality Interlux paint.  3 sails - Main, storm jib, and 155 Genoa.  4 hp 1972 model Johnson motor,  just had a new clutch ring put in the prop and it runs good.  The interior of the cabin has been re-done to include painted throughout with Kilz, just waiting to be painted in the color of your choice.  There are no lights or wiring at all anywhere on the boat, so you can configure it to your liking.  Included are a danforth anchor with 100' of rode, a new fire extinguisher, and 2 of the orange collar type I life preservers.  There are no cushions on the boat, I used cushions from some lawn furniture I had here and they worked just fine.  This boat is ready to go on the water right now, and the license is good through November this year.  We don't have to license our trailers here in Tennessee, but I will give you a bill of sale for the boat and the trailer, or what ever I have to do so that you can register her in another state.  There are plenty of pictures to look at on the picassa link, and I can supply others if necessary.  I live in Woodlawn, Tennessee, about 10 miles west of Clarksville, Tennessee, just south of Ft Campbell, KY.  My e-mail address is rwdsr at charter dot net, my phones can be obtained by sending me a message or emailing me.
1978 AMF Sunfish, Sold, 1978 CP16 #592, "Sprite" - Catalina 22 "Joyce Marie"http://picasaweb.google.com/rwdsr53/Sailboats#

Salty19

Wow, I didn't think you would sell the boat so quickly but it sounds like your family has taken to sailing and you need more room.  Understood.   

FYI the 19's are not as expensive as you may think compared to a used Catalina or Hunter.  Initial cost may be higher (4K is about as little as they go) but so is the quality and thus probably less repair and maintenance costs.   Plus they (CP19's) are a heck of a lot easy to setup/teardown and resell than most other boats.  Add a few more feet like a Catalina 22 and the launching/retrieval process gets lengthy and difficult.   I'm still fairly young and no way do I want to fuss with trailer sailing anything more than a 19 on regular basis--the boat would probably sit in the driveway and never get used.

Another thought entirely is keep the CP16 and buy a kayak or two for your family to use while on the water. 
My sister in law has a nearly new perfect condition 4 person paddleboat if that's of interest, and I bet she would sell it for $500, maybe less (I'll ask if you're interested).  You could tow it behind the boat or let folks just paddle around, freeing up the 16's space.  Either of these options would only add a few moments to launch time and could be the responsibility of whoever is going with you to take care of.

Good luck whatever it is you end up doing...hope to see you on the forum in the future regardless of the boat you choose.

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

rwdsr

Thanks for the suggestions.  I just picked up a little sunfish for the grandson and the daughter thinks she might like to sail it too.  So that may be the answer to the problem for a while.
1978 AMF Sunfish, Sold, 1978 CP16 #592, "Sprite" - Catalina 22 "Joyce Marie"http://picasaweb.google.com/rwdsr53/Sailboats#

rwdsr

I hated to do it, almost backed out and kept it a couple of times in the past week.  It still hasn't sunk in yet, but I will take possession of a real nice 22' Catalina this coming Saturday.  So the adventure continues............Don't worry folks, I'm still going to get my daily dose of the sailing site.  Isn't there a site like this one that deals with cruising?  I thought it was run by the same people.

newt

rwdsr: I think you are talking about sailfar. They deal with small boats. Capt K is over that one too. If you want to get into the huge rush- there is Cruisers Forum. I am over there too, but it is huge and like going from a small town to Newark.