- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1988 Com-Pac 16/III for sale in Minneapolis

Started by Steve Ullrich, May 07, 2010, 05:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Ullrich

Listed on Craig's List:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/1723026573.html

Just in case you are in the area and looking for a clean 16...  I'm moving back up the scale.  I recently purchased a 28' Hunter that I will be keeping on Lake Pepin.
Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

Bob23

Steve:
   A very nice boat at a fair price. If I was moving down the ladder, I'd buy her in a hearbeat.
Bob23

Craig Weis

Well May 8th? Had a little snow last night. Anyway, a 1988 Com-Pac 16 Sailboat - $3250 (Savage)
What is 'savage' ? Nice price for a nice boat.
So Steve, you jumped ship and hunted down a Hunter. Your a sly one aren't you?
Nearly twice as long then a CP-16 with 5 x the room below. Can't blame you and the Hunter will be fine on a lake sail.
Now instead of a solo sail, you'll be needing a crew...snicker.

Never could get use to the window holes in the hull. That feature on the $44 million Palmer Johnson Yachts makes Lloyd's of London limit these boats to 60 NM's from land. So island to island [120 NM] had better not be more then 60 NM one way. To go to the Med or Tiawan, you put your yacht on a freighter going across the Alantic of Pacific.

skip.

Steve Ullrich

Savage is the name of the town that I live in.  Savage, Minnesota.  I don't know that it is a matter of jumping ship or being sly.  I'm moving back up to a larger boat because I enjoy the ability to comfortably entertain slightly larger groups of family and friends than I could on the 16.  I expect that I will often be single handing her, as I did the boat I owned before I bought the 16, though passengers and crew will continue to be always welcome. 

Steve Ullrich

Hello Folks,

Just a quick note to let you know that the boat sold this afternoon.  Nate D - You have my email address.  Keep in touch, we'll have to get out on Pepin this summer on the new 28, your 16, or both.

Steve

fafnir

Sounds like a  nice upgrade Steve.  It is quite likely we will be keeping our Monty 17 at the Lake City Marina on Pepin this year.  What marina are you at with your hunter?

Steve Ullrich

We shipped the Hunter to Hanson's Harbor two weeks ago.  I've been done on the weekends.  I've flushed the water systems, charged the batteries, filled the water and diesel tanks, changed the oil on the Yanmar, rigged the sails and lines...  I'm ready to go.  Out of town this weekend, unfortunately, with family business in Iowa. Maybe I can get out on Pepin next weekend.  I'll watch for your Montomery 17.  Current name on my Hunter is "Windy Daze" and I haven't had a chance to think about changing it...

Quote from: fafnir on May 14, 2010, 02:01:36 PM
Sounds like a  nice upgrade Steve.  It is quite likely we will be keeping our Monty 17 at the Lake City Marina on Pepin this year.  What marina are you at with your hunter?

Bob Condon

Steve,
enjoy the Hunter 28! I am in the process of selling my Cape Dory 28 and downsize
to the CP 19 on a lake in Maine. Not quite ready for the sale!
Bob Condon
C19 Hull 226

Steve Ullrich

Hi Bob,

The 16 was a downsize for us.  We loved the boat, handled well and was easy to trailer.  In the end, we decided we preferred a bigger boat.  A 19 might have been a better fit for us.  Enjoy your 19.

Steve

Quote from: Bob Condon on May 14, 2010, 04:46:58 PM
Steve,
enjoy the Hunter 28! I am in the process of selling my Cape Dory 28 and downsize
to the CP 19 on a lake in Maine. Not quite ready for the sale!

juliamcg

Steve, are you the fellow who bought the Com-Pac from me up on Medicine Lake about two years ago?  (We upgraded to the ComPac SunCat -- and are now considering finding another 16 -- we just don't like the heft in that big gaff-rigged sail and haven't sailed the SunCat nearly as much as we did the old 16.   
Julia

Steve Ullrich

Hello Julia,

Yes, I am. Loved the boat.  Hauled her all over the state. In the end, we decided to go back up in scale as we felt a larger boat would allow us to spend evenings on the water in much more comfort.  We enjoyed the summer and especially the weekends on Lake Pepin. Good luck in your search for another 16.  Nice boats.

Steve

Quote from: juliamcg on November 08, 2010, 07:22:21 AM
Steve, are you the fellow who bought the Com-Pac from me up on Medicine Lake about two years ago?  (We upgraded to the ComPac SunCat -- and are now considering finding another 16 -- we just don't like the heft in that big gaff-rigged sail and haven't sailed the SunCat nearly as much as we did the old 16.   
Julia