News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

C23 floor board replacement at v-birth area ?

Started by hockeyfool, September 22, 2010, 11:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hockeyfool

Ho Folks,
I am about to do a replacement for the floor covering that the previous careless owner
failed to fix.  The floor at the cabin sole between port/starboard births seems to be teak with
black  stained trim borders.
But at the v-birth area just aft of the head bulkhead is bare and shows signs of
a previously glued flooring.
Ant ideas if I can buy a piece of thick teak veneer  to laminate over marine plywood?
Or can this  be purchased finished at Hutchins  cheaply ?
I will also  need trim for the corners of the cabin ceiling where the teak plywood
has edge ruffness  at the vertical cabin walls.
Mine is  an 81' where a plastic white trim was used, this is thin and not that great looking.
So I think a thicker corner molding in  some material would be  a good fix.
Anyone do this sort of retrofit ?

curtisv

I used to get teak from Conway Hardwoods when they had left over flooring that they were selling cheap (no demand for it anymore apparently and the leftovers were just sitting).  You probably want teak and holly veneered marine plywood that is normally used for cabin soles.  Ask around at boat yards to see if they have any leftovers.  Otherwise you'd need to buy a whole 4x8 sheet.  Last I tried to get teak veneer plywood I had a long wait unless I wanted to order a whole pallet.  When it arrived it was the wrong stuff so I gave up.

Curtis
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access