News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

anyone near NC with Horizon I could sit in?

Started by shamblin, August 10, 2010, 01:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shamblin

Im thinking of buying either a Horizon or Sun Cat. I live in Mid North Carolina and would like to sit in the cabin of a Horizon if there is anyone in a nearby state with one who would allow me to? I promise to behave well.

Thanks,

Bill Shamblin
Morganton NC

Billy

if u can afford it, I would go w/ the Horizon instead of the suncat. It's bigger and faster. I compare them to the 16 & 19. I had a 19 1st and when I got in the 16 I could barely fit in the companionway hatch.

Trust me, if you can afford it, go w/ the Horizon.

But the sloops are best!!!
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

shamblin

Thanks. I have owned c16's, a c19, and c23's and loved them all. Now I want something with one sail to tend and a mast that will fold down and go under my slip shed roof.  Getting the smaller boat might mean I would trailer it more for adventures in distant places. I know both boats would work well, though.

I sat in a Suncat and know I could make it work for me. I'd just like to sit inside a Horizon Cat cabin if possible. When I visited the factory in June there was no Horizon there.

Bill 

Billy

I hear ya,

They do say (although I'm not sure who "they" are), "the smaller the boat, the more you use it." and I would have to agree with "them."
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

CaptRon28

If you can't find an existing owner Horizon locally, best bet would be to find a dealer who has one in stock. I think there are two on the Chesapeake - one down in Virginia and one on the eastern shore of Maryland. Not sure what's down in NC, but you could probably check the ComPac web site. You could also go the the Annapolis sailboat show in October. They should have one there. Probably the best sailboat show around, so it could be an enjoyable trip.

Mine is up in NJ and normally you'd be welcome to see it - but I've got to put it away in a few days because of a shoulder injury. I've got to winterize and cover it before the surgery. Won't be able to do any of that afterwards.
Ron Marcuse
2007 Horizon Cat (no name yet)
2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

jerryd

I have a Horizon Cat and live in central VA (near Charlottesville) if your interested.  Your welcome to check it out. 

shamblin

wonderful

could you email me a phone number or email address to bshamblin2002@yahoo.com

thanks,

bill shamblin

exlnt

We have a 2010 Horizon Cat.  Live in Virginia Beach and keep the boat in Norfolk.  Would be glad to show our baby off!!

shamblin

thanks very much.  i have placed my order now, but maybe we can sail together sometime.   bill

mrb

So Bill can you tell us what you decided to order.  Which ever you chose the best of luck and many happy days aboard

shamblin

jerryd

Bill, I think you made the right choice.  Good luck and hope to sail with you one of these days.

shamblin

yes, thanks. thanks for showing me your boat, jerry.