a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

the great carlyle "race", raft up and party at the greenes cabin

Started by kickingbug1, June 30, 2010, 05:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

i have decided on our course to our saturday raft up. we will start near the cabins and sail north east to the first silo (which rises about 15 feet above the water, turn south east and head for the bank between point 18 and coles creek (a flag will be placed on shore). those who dont feel comfortable with this arrangement may sail any course they wish to the raft up point. i went up to carlyle today and found that allens branch ramps are under water. i talked to a representative of the corps of engineers and was advised that the ramps would be open and that the water should recede by next week. keep your fingers crossed. there are no beaches available (some may be closed due to high water). at any rate they restrict anchoring near them. the place i picked is a long shallow clay bottom bank. we should be able to anchor our boats at the stern and tie them at the bow. (i will provide stakes for tying bow lines. bring along something to float on while we douse each other with water canons and have lunch (you have to bring your own).  at that point sailors can do whatever but plan to be back soon enough for the meal at the greenes cabin. i will bring a long table, and whatever lawn or folding chairs i have. sarah or i will pick up the food (fried chicken and sides---which amounts to about four bucks a person. i think i can bring enough coolers and we can make needed beer wine and soda runs. if i have time i will build a (corn hole bean bag game) if not it will be just "washers". its pretty dark by the cabins so we have decided to buy some "tiki"pole lamps. cards are also an option. i will bring trash bags and trash can. on sunday if everyone wants to i figure we could have a group breakfast for those hitting the road (we can play this by ear). keep a good thought on the weather and lake conditions see you soon.      steve and sarah
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Greene

Sounds like a fun day.  Sounds more and more like our earlier recommendation for the race course design.

"Always willing to help.

Starting line should be in a quiet, well protected cove followed by an orderly gentle motor out to the middle of a very calm lake.  Leg 2 should proceed after a restful raft-up with cheese, crackers and a simple yet tasteful wine.  Leg 3 would be a little more robust with a perfect beam reach in steady 10 mph winds directly to the nearest bar that serves those wonderful happy hour hors d'oeuvres.

Everyone is a winner!"

See you all soon.

Mike and B
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

kickingbug1

this will be the easy part for you and brenda as the "start" is right outside your doorstep. i think i have everything pretty much lined up.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"