a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

rendezvous meet and greet

Started by kickingbug1, June 15, 2010, 02:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

rendezvous sailors, everyone i contacted seems to think having the meet and greet (probably dinner) at the bretz winery on 127 will work for them. they have a nice menu and great bar and i can get a private room. i will make the reservation tommorrow. i will let everyone know the exact time. im figuring 7 pm would be good if we can still get food then. keep you posted. also it looks like saturday will be an on the water scavenger hunt with a raft up arround lunch time for swimming , drinking eating and lying. i have to finallize that event. john woods has sailed one on mark twain lake and said it was a lot of fun. i will get with him and iron out the details. again i will keep everyone posted. less than a month cant wait   
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

John J

Steve,  I wonder how a scavenger hunt would work using GPS coordinates to locate clues?  Something simple that would bring us together at the end.
John J.

kickingbug1

john, im thinking that if the swimming beach is open at coles creek that we could meet there. with a simple map everyone could find it and i think i could still set up the two buoy cruise course. next time i sail (probably wednesday) i will check that out. i fished today and the lake is real high but the ramps are still fine. only problem is that my raft up point is now under water. fret not i will find something. as to the gps everyone might not have one and you know how tech savy i am. i will post the info. soon as i know something for sure
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"