a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Main sail Number

Started by Smitty, April 29, 2010, 11:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smitty

I own a CP16 hull # ABV01016M79K, it came with what I am believe to be the factory sails.  The Main has the Compac logo as well as number 1017.  I was under the impression that the number reflected the hull # but clearly this is not the case.  Anyone have any thoughts on this.  Not really important, just curious.

newt

I would suggest giving the factory a call. It may not be the orginal factory sail for that boat, or it may really be #1017.  Anyone else have any insight on this?

nies

The hull number and the sail number are suppose to be the same, sounds like someone gave the wrong number when ordering new sails, since 1979 probably have replaced the org. sails.........Phil

Craig Weis

I agree, sail number reflect the hull number, but usually only for fleet racing identification.
I highly doubt that Johnson Sails sequentially number the sails they have sewn up for Com-Pacs.

Here are two matching hull and sail numbers. They were old boats even back then. The Penquin was from freshman year high school. Note the vertical batton on the loose footed Penquin sail. A Phil Rhodes designed class boat.

The Star Boat was grade school.

skip.