a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New member and owner of a marshall 18

Started by leon 1950, March 09, 2005, 08:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leon 1950

Hello to all. am a new member to the discussion group and have owned a marshall 18 for several years. purchased the boat as a fixer upper. spent one year going over the boat from the keel to the cabin top. enjoy sailing the boat but am looking for alittle more room!
Can anyone point me to a good source for used 23'or a 25?
would consider a trade withe considerations!
Atease has been featured in the Catboat association News letter and the rehab featured at the Annual Catboat association convention via Power point presentation. Shes a looker! and real good in thin water!
thanks
Dave long
dlong@connstep.org
Atease!

Craig Weis

Hi Leon 1950

My sailing buddy and dock mate is a fellow who is by trade a MARINE ARCHITECT and to his credit he went from a SNIPE to a 505, to a 20 foot Sanderling Cat Boat. His name is Tim. He just loves catboats. Tim's catboat named CAT is one of the pics highlighted below.

Aside from many, many working vessels, Tim designed the car ferries that ply between Gill's Rock/Deaths Door and Washington Island.

Additionally he was the Marine Architect on the Dennis L. Sullivan schooner owned by the state of Wisconsin.
Great guy to know. A craftsman. skip.

leon 1950

Thanks for the reply. However I could not open the pics !

Craig Weis

Leon 1950,

You need to join up and become a member of this yahoo group, as they say, then log in to this Yahoo site, for Scaphoto group, skip's pics.

This site can also be accessed through SMALLCRAFT ADVISOR magazine site. Go to Message board and find a few of Skip's posts or Captain Pauly's posts. Paul created this Yahoo site for photo's only. No messages or files or links.

The United States Sail and Power thingy should be an automatic pic and open deal. Than do the photo gallery, Com-Pac 19 XL.
I don't get it.  skip.

leon 1950

registered on yahoo. guess it wil take 24 hours for my pass and ID to kick in.
I purchase my Marshall 18 4 years ago and it had been sitting on the hard for 12 years. I completely stripped the boat down to the hull. all fittings, rub rails etc were removed. I then faired the hull, and applied 4 coats of Toplac Ivory via HVLP to the hull. NEw sails refurbished teak, new cabin cushions, lines, depth sounder, bulk head compass bottom paint, interior lights, T&G mahogany to inside bulk head , bow sprit with anchor roller the works. Enjoy the boat very much but am looking for a larger boat that I can haul myself.

Craig Weis

Wow twelve years.......what are you nuts??? Just kidding.
Arn't HVLP's great? I have sold a ton of them for Binks.

skip.