a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Cover for CP16

Started by federalist, April 11, 2010, 12:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

federalist

I found this tip on the forum a couple of years ago and it may be useful to new members.  I bought a $65 boat cover from Wal-Mart that works great having fitted it to my boat this morning.  It is an Attwood Silver Series Model D (the model D being the size of the cover).  It is made of 150 denier polyester and has a 3 year warranty (meaning it should last that long).  It is made for a power boat, but works great with the CP16.  I have been using tarps from Harbor Freight that are destroyed by UV exposure after 6 months and costs $35 - hopefully this will be a much better solution.

My boat is a 1984 CP16/1, but there is enough room to fit any model CP16.

Steve Ullrich

Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

nies

Another thanks for the tip...........................Phil

JBC

I also appreciate the tip, but do have a question:  Is the tarp rigged to fit the boat with the mast on a crutch (or up), or does the tarp cover only the boat?

Jett, 1980 CP16

federalist

My mast and boom stow in a rack built into the trailer (Magic Tilt) so I do not have a mast crutch.  If your mast crutch is at the stern and the mast extents past the stern, you probably have enough "give" in the cover to make it work.  At the bow the bow rail takes up more of the material than at the stern.  Since this is a power boat cover, it is constructed for a beamier boat than the CP16.

JBC