a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Interior Room

Started by Cdreamonly, November 10, 2004, 09:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdreamonly

:?: Can anyone tell me what the head room is inside the 23?  Hutchens does not list it in their literature.  I don't think it has standing head room but was wondering if it has "comfortable sitting head room".  My CP16 has decent head room for me (I'm 5'6) but the berths are only 6" from the sole and you tend to sit with your knees up in your chest - OK for  a short time, but not very "comfortable" and was wondering how much of an improvement the 23 is.

CaptK

Not-quite standing room, and lots of siting head room on the q-berths and in the vberth where the cabin trunk is. I'm 5'9". The berths are probably 10" high from the sole. Spending time below is comfortable. :)
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

johnny b

I'm 6'2" and that's just about the max for lying down in the v-berth.  I just measured my ceiling as 4'6".  Hope this helps.

bob lamb

Johnnie
 Is that 4'6 measurement in the V berth?  Wondering what the headroom is in the main cabin portion.  
 And where in Central Florida are you?  I just moved from Winter Haven a few months ago to Raleigh..far too many hurricanes down there for me  :cry:   But I sure do miss the warm weather!

Bob in Raleigh
CP23 to take possession in March!!

johnny b

I measured the headroom in the main cabin at the highest point.

I'm in Brevard County.  Hoping the 2004 hurricane season was an aberration. :wink: