Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Initial Launch and Maiden Voyage

Started by jkj2nd, April 19, 2010, 11:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkj2nd

Hi,

Launched my new Sun Cat (Ebony & Ivory) on Friday, April 16th. Wind was 12 knots with 15 knot gusts. What a dream to sail. She tracks well and is very stable. General consensus at the marina was "What a good looking boat. What kind is she?" Everyone loved the black hull.

Looking forward to many years of "happy sailing" aboard my 17-foot yacht.

Will send photos once I have them. In my excitement to get her picked up and launched, left my camera at home!

jkj2nd

baldeghi

Congrats from a fellow Suncat owner!  Mine is also a dark color hull (blue) and continues to get praises.  What is your home port?  My location is Titusville on the East Coast of Florida.  Again, congratulations!  You have made the purchase of one of the finest boats there is.

Billy

Baldeghi,
I live in Tampa Bay, North of Clearwater and I have trailered my boat over to Titusville for a shuttle launch (they scrubed it and we had to be at work the next day so we missed it). We drove over for the last one and watched from a park but I'm sure it is not the same. I am going to try (and try hard) to make it over for the shuttle launch in May (Fri the 16th). Since it is on the weekend if they scrub it we can stay an extra day or two. I sure would like to meet up with a fellow Com-Pac owner.  You gonna be around then?
Billy
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

baldeghi

Billy,
Sorry, will be in California from May 1 on.  Will be back after X-mas for the winter.  Perhaps we can get together then.  While in California, I will be sailing my Compac 19 on Clear Lake in the northern part of the state.
What kind of Compac are you sailing?

Billy

It's an 83. So I guess that is the 1st model (no bow sprit). I also bought an early model 16 but haven't had the chance to sail it yet. Are you trailering your boat all the way to Cali? I thought going across the state of FL was a long haul. Yes, definitely should get together. Question, are the rocket launches as impressive as the shuttles? I'm not apposed to driving over for one of those either.

jkj2nd

Billy,

My home port is Kerr Lake, Henderson NC. It's a beautiful body of water with 850 miles of shore line; connects Virginia and North Carolina. In addition to its boating, it's also the site of one of the largest annual bass fishing tournaments on the east coast.

jkj2nd

Billy

JKJ,
Beautiful boat!, Mine is due for a paint job and I was thinking about going w/ a dark navy bottom. Not sure, though. Down here in FL it seems all white is a little more classic but up north or inland on a lake the colored hulls seem more appropriate. I've always been intrigued with North Carolina, the whole state. I'd like to move up there one day, so maybe I should paint the bottom dark.