News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Simrad TP1000 tiller autopilot - $200 (green bay)

Started by Craig Weis, February 07, 2010, 11:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Weis

Simrad TP1000 tiller autopilot - $200 (green bay)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-01-25, 10:43AM CST
Reply to: sale-dhvdu-1569613761@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simrad TP1000 tiller autopilot purchased 4/09, used only 6 times, fully functional, nearly new condition, available as a result of boat wreck, extension rod and tiller bracket also available

kahpho

Anybody else appreciate the irony of mentioning a boat wreck in an ad for an autopilot? Maybe it's just me.

mel
'07 Legacy "Amphibian"

brackish

Mel,

LOL,First thing I thought about.  Think I would have left that part out if it were my ad.

However, If it were close enough to inspect I would look at it, I'm in the market.

Potcake boy

To anyone who owns or plans to acquire a TP1000.  I inherited one with my boat and after about 3 hours of operation it went crazy, had to steer the next two days by hand.  Got home and took it apart to find that two magnets in the drive screw wheel had pulled out of their sockets as they passed the motor and broke the two magnetic pickups on the PC board.  Contemplated a home repair but wasn't confident that the outcome would be forever reliable.  Contacted Navico and got a contact for the purchase of a replacement PC board.  If I remember correctly it was around $26.00 plus postage.  I replaced the board, and epoxied the magnets in place and have had no problem with that item since.  My advise is to take it apart and check that the magnets are secure because mine were not secured at all. 

Ron
Ron
Pilot House 23 - GladRags
Punta Gorda Florida

A mouse around the house - but much hotter on the water