a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

I need a part

Started by rwdsr, February 02, 2010, 08:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwdsr

I don't know what you call it, but I need one of the feet to mount the bow pulpit.  Mine got lost when the bow pulpit was ripped off the boat when it was slammed up against the pier during Hurricane Dennis.  I have everything else to put the thing back together.  I hope I don't have to buy the whole assembly.
1978 AMF Sunfish, Sold, 1978 CP16 #592, "Sprite" - Catalina 22 "Joyce Marie"http://picasaweb.google.com/rwdsr53/Sailboats#

Deb

Hi
Try calling Jerry Hutchins at Com-pac in Clearwater........
Deb

Craig Weis

Check the West marine catalog for the bow pulpit base.
In the early days Com-Pac purchased the individual assembly pieces and 'rolled their own'.
Today these assemblies are purchased by Com-Pac from a supplier.
When I ordered my stern pulpit from Com-Pac the entire welded stern pulpit assembly arrived by UPS truck and was bolted to a piece of plywood. The same plywood that I blanked out my replacement drop board for the cabin companionway hatch.
Com Pac in Florida drop shipped the order to my house in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin from California where the pulpit was welded together.

My buddy has a C-P 19 that I put a bow sprit on fatted with these 'pieced together' bow/stern/stanchion assemblies having drilled holes and hammered in roll pins holding joints together. I'm thinking about filling the tubes with expanding foam to eliminate the wiggle imposed by every roll pin joint.

skip.

kchunk

Is is the stanchion base?

I agree to call Hutchins 727-443-4408. The bases come is different sizes and different angles so ask them for exactly which one you need.

Every time I've called Hutchins, the lady that answers the phone transferred me to right to Gerry and he was always able to help me figure out what I needed.

--Greg