a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Galley for Com-pac 19

Started by steve brown, December 31, 2004, 10:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve brown

:?: I am interested in finding information regarding the optional galley/table that was offered for the CP-19. Would Hutchins offer plans or other information on this item? I have hull no. 93 and it was apparently not offered at that time (1982). What did Hutchins do to the 19 to accept the galley system in later hull nos.? I have seen the very nice fold away galley on this site.  I would like to have some sort of table and a platform to run a small  marine butane stove. I would also like to be able to place a fresh water container with some sort of a supply hose/pump in one of the V-berth lockers. I could use a pail for the sink and just dump the gray water. Somehow I don't like the idea of dumping gray water into the bilge. Thank you anyone for any information on this topic. Steve

Craig

Steve,

Ask com-pac.  They are very friendly and helpful.  Contact information is on their website.

Craig

mgoller

Hi Steve,
You could make a much simpler fold away galley than the one I made.  A nice board with a sink cut in that drains to a bucket is a fine idea.  Having water that you can tap frees your hands.  Cover the sink with a cutting board would make all the counter top you need.  Fold this cutting board away with hinges would expose the sink and make even more work top.
Give me a FAX number and I'll send you a drawing.  You could make this in a couple of hours.  Mine while nice is overkill.
734 355 0960

steve brown

Marcus, Thankyou for the drawings. I will be preparing a measured drawing for my final design based on your suggestions and will make sure you get a copy. I would also make it available to other CP19 sailors if requested. Think Spring. Steve :)