Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

jib cam cleats

Started by JBC, November 25, 2009, 04:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBC

Hi All,

New to the group with an '80 CP-16 we're fixing up.  Changing out blocks and cleats, and wondering if anyone has removed/replaced the jib cam cleats/fairleads? Before I pull the screws, I wonder if the the cams are attached with screws only, because they appear to go directly into a part of the coaming that is thick and I can't see any evidence they protrude into the cabin, or have any visible backing plates, nuts, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Jett

nies

Jett, on my 1978 CP 16 the jam cleats are just screwed into fiberglass, cams are screws only. When I replaced the cleats I thru bolted with properly sized backing plates. I also replaced the  plastic cleats with bronze cleats, small price up grade.......the greatest stress is on the cleats......Phil

JBC

Thanks, Phil

Good info and advice!

Jett

B.Hart

Welcome Jett, lots of good info on this site, glad your aboard!  BILL

JBC

Thanks Bill,

After searching this site thoroughly, I figure there's about enough information to build the CP 16 from scratch!

Jett

kickingbug1

if anything has been repaired, replaced, upgraded or re-invented for a com-pac 16 this is the place to find out about it. these people are the best.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"