a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CLC ANNAPOLIS WHERRY FOR SALE in NJ

Started by Bob23, August 02, 2009, 05:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

I'm selling my Chesapeake Light Craft Annapolis Wherry. This is a performance rowing boat; kind of a hybrid Whitehall/ rowing shell. She's quite fast and fun to row and easy to launch and retrieve.
Check out CLC's website and email me at rerrico at comcast dot net for recent photos and more information if you are interested. You may also leave a message at (609) 978-0012.
  In a nutshell, this is a 17'9" x 3' 2" wooden kit-built boat and is painted with Interlux Brightsides urethane paint. Outside is Seafoam Green gloss while the interior is Bristol Beige with a flattening agent. All brightwork is finished with Flagship varnish, 4 coats.  
  I am including both 6'6" Barkley Sound Spruce oars with leather collars and bronze oarlocks
and 9'6" Braca carbon fiber oars and a Piantedosi sliding seat rig using Concept 2 oarlocks. Full boat cover and wood underframe is also included along with a mohogeny storage cradle. I'm also including a Danforth rowing compass which can be installed/removed with 2 stainless steel bolts with wingnuts. In the building process, I've added a few modifications to improve her looks.
  Everything is in excellent to very good condition. (I maintain my boats well.)
 Asking $3400.00 obo. If you bought the kit and all of the above, at todays prices you'd spend $2900-3000 clams. Delivery is possible.
  Thanks for looking!
Bob23...needing more time to sail.

Bob23

They say that the two happiest days in a mans life is when he buys a boat and when he sells it. Whoever wrote that must not've owned an Annapolis Wherry.
   Less than a week ago I put my Wherry on Craigslist and suddenly sold it yesterday. I had short notice so Saturday took her out for a last row. I sure loved that boat, she was a great rower in wonderful condition but alas, she had to go. It could be a slow year and paying the bills might be nice.
   I talked to the Adirondack Guideboat guys over the weekend...they have a black one in stock...hmmm...to hell with the bills! One has to prioritize in life, right?
   Bob23

Bob23

Ya mean there's no help for me but to buy, sail and row boats? You convinced me...just minutes ago, I was planning my day today. Do I work or sail? Work or sail? Well, up here in NJ, fall is almost upon us and it's forecast to rain the rest of the week. Yeah, I'm going sailing! Ah, the woes of the self-employed!
   Thanks for the boost!
   Bob23...the addict! (I feel better now, knowing I'm in the company of fellow addicts.)