a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New CP 16 Owner

Started by Lsuperiorsailor, May 05, 2009, 01:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lsuperiorsailor

Hi, glad I found you guys, this is a great wealth of knowledge, especially to a newbie like me.   Have been sailing for only 3 seasons,, that equals hmmmm, 9months total here on Lake Superior.   Just picked up a CP 16 , had been sailing a Balboa 20.   So my 4footitis is going the other way for once, haha.   I haven't put the CP 16 in yet since the ice just left a couple weeks ago,, but will be soooon.  Thanks,   Tom

Rick Klages

Congrats... and welcome.  Of course any questions are also welcome.  The Compac boat family attracts a quirky bunch.  Do not fear them, the internet still affords a small amount on anonymity.

Smitty

Welcome,

I am a newbie also. I purchased my CP 16 back in March and have had it in the water twice already. I am thrilled with the boat so far.  All my questions I have had so far have been covered by previous posts in this forum. Its nice  not to have to stumble around in the dark and learn things the hard way. Weather permitting I will sail this weekend. Summer is here, 105 today in South Texas.

Onward through the fog
Smitty

don l

Lsuperiorsailor , welcome and fair winds.  This site will be of great help to you.  There is nothing like a site,  that post information on your type sailboat 

NateD

Welcome aboard, Lsuperiorsailor. I live in St. Paul but bought my CP16 from a guy in Superior WI last October. He said that he never took it out on the big lake, I would love to do some sail camping along the North Shore, so I am very interested in how the 16 will handle Superior.

There is another new CP16 owner in the twin cities who is on this site as well. I see a the makings of a CP16 get together in the land of 10,000 lakes.

mrb

Welcome Smitty and Lsuperiorsailor,

melvin

Steve Ullrich

Welcome aboard.  I'm the other Minneapolis metro CP-16 owner that Nate referenced.  I have some plans to haul my 16 up to Silver Bay and go sailing in August.  The Apostle Islands are on the docket for July.  I've read reviews that show her to be very seaworthy.  Looking forward to it.
Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet