a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Lazy Jacks

Started by Solscor, June 25, 2008, 06:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solscor

Do I need them for my Suncat?  If so, what is a good set up for them?  Anyone have pictures of what they have done?

Thanks,

Jesse

ontarioSuncat

I posted several pictures in the gallery.
I would say they are needed. If you copy mine they act like a toppping lift also.

MateMatty

sun17cat

I would say they will make your experience much better. And as has been stated they also act as a topping lift.

tmorgan

I studied Suncat Wanderer's LJ ( http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/catboat/index.cgi/read/30209) and the Harken System and adapted them.  I anchored the two lines at the top of the mast that have the blocks on the other end. The other line that forms the cradle runs from a strap on the boom, up through the block on one side, down and through a strap under the boom to the other side, up to the other block, down to a turning block on that side of the boom and back to a jam cleat just forward of the cockpit. I used 3/8" line and just tied bowline knots to the straps at the top of the mast, and to connect the blocks to those lines. Not classically nautical, but easy to install and to replace lines. My main objective for adapting John's  Suncat Wanderer  was to avoid drilling any holes in the deck.  The LJ are a super addition to a Suncat in my view.