a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Exact Area of SunCat cockpit

Started by jamato323, May 30, 2009, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamato323

I'm trying to research teak cockpit tiles for my soon to be delivered SunCat and know that the cockpit is a trapizoid being more narrow at the stern.
Can anyone tell me that the length is, the forward width and the aft width? That will help me in ordering the tiles and knowing how much I'd need to
trim. Thanks.
Paul Scribner
Between Com-pacs
Cape Haze Florida
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
William Arthur Ward
All sold: ComPac16"Bell", ComPacSuncat "Gatito", ComPacSuncat "Sanura", ComPac25 "Aloha Kai", ComPac19 "Lady in Red"

Craig Weis

I'd like to help but I have zero access to the sole of the Sun Cat Cockpit to make a papper pattern, transferred to a pattern ply material. Trimmed to fit perfect and then teak made from that. Find one in a harbor or dealer and crawl around like you know what your doing...you'd be amazed how people will just ignore what your doing and ignore you as well. If challenged just fake it. "I'm making a pattern for teak" They don't need to know anything else.
What do you mean 'tiles'? Sounds like a capital idea.
skip.

Tom Ray

40 inches long, 30 inches across fwd, 20 inches across aft.

jamato323

Paul Scribner
Between Com-pacs
Cape Haze Florida
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
William Arthur Ward
All sold: ComPac16"Bell", ComPacSuncat "Gatito", ComPacSuncat "Sanura", ComPac25 "Aloha Kai", ComPac19 "Lady in Red"

jdonaldson

going out tomorrow on our SunCat.  We have the teak cockpit grille.  I will measure it for you.
Quote from: jamato on May 30, 2009, 10:18:58 AM
I'm trying to research teak cockpit tiles for my soon to be delivered SunCat and know that the cockpit is a trapizoid being more narrow at the stern.
Can anyone tell me that the length is, the forward width and the aft width? That will help me in ordering the tiles and knowing how much I'd need to
trim. Thanks.