News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1982 ComPac 19 for sale - Beautiful shape.... SOLD!

Started by Lost Lake, August 18, 2008, 10:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Lake

Yes, I have finally decided that I must move up. The five of us are just too crowded on the 19! She's perfect for a couple, and one can sail her if wanted, but two adults and three really active kids is one too many!

I have an ad on here:  http://www.sailingtexas.com/scompac19102.html

I have pictures for serious inquiries.... More were sent to sailingtexas also, so they should be up soon.

1982 ComPac 19 hull #22
# excellent shape
# 5 sails, 160 Genoa, 150 Genoa, Jib, Main and Spinnaker with Spinnaker pole
# VHF marine radio
# am fm cass w/equalizer
# VC-17 bottom paint
# Small table
# cooler
# sleeps 4 (2 in v-berth, 2 on settees)
# swim ladder
# Windex
# good battery
# interior lights
# gimbled burner
# sink
# fresh water tank
# porta potti
# bronze portholes
# main sail cover
# tiller cover
# bimini top
# lots of teak and storage
# Standing rigging in great shape
# two bronze winches
# anchor with chain and rode
# 9.8 hp Mercury electric start
# Galvanized Magic Tilt trailer runs on 15" tires and has tongue extension.

Boat is stored inside over the winter. Measures 20 feet long, 800 pound shoal draft keel. Ready to sail, needs nothing except I would redo the exterior teak this winter.

Asking $5,000

Email JD at lostlakeaero@powerweb.net
Sold to the second person who looked at her!!

Craig Weis

With all that stuff on board no wonder the kids are cramped. Great price.

Great Lakes Yacht Service in Sturgeon Bay has a Com-Pac 19 also for sale. She is a little beat-up $5,900 ??? on a trailer with O/B skip.

Lost Lake

Thanks Skip,

I'm actually looking at 32' to 38' boats now.... I can hardly believe it myself. I sure will miss this nice boat. Oh well, maybe it won't sell and I'll keep her. That may be the best option.

Timwp

Hey lost, I'm not in the market for your boat...as I just bought a cp16. It looks like a wonderful boat though. I was wondering for future reference what the trailer weight for a boat this size is, and what do you pull it with. I would like to talk the wife into something this size in a couple of years.

Craig Weis

The Com-Pac 19 is 2000 lb with a 700 lb trailer plus what ever else is on the boat.
I can tow with just about anything. I have a Ford Expedition, but could tow with the 2007 Mercury Montego AWD, a Subaru Forester, a small Audi, just remember the tow car does the stopping as the trailer has no brakes unless you add them, but that is just a waste of money.

My dad had a 27 foot boat with an iron keel sitting on a cut down four wheeled truck frame trailer with the tie rods welded to the trailer tongue. Some guy showed up with a NASH METROPOLITIAN convertible 4 cylinder flathead engine to tow it away...Dad had a twinkle in his eye as he said, "Good luck stopping Jr." skip.

Potcake boy

Check your state laws - most require brakes if the GVW of the boat and trailer exceeds a certain amount and if the load exceeds a certain ratio of the tow vehicle weight. Ever seen the results of a jackknifed trailer? It's a real heart breaker on your way to a sailing vacation.

My CP19 came with a Performance trailer equipped with surge brakes.

Safety is nothing more than trading a potential disaster for a little planning, a bargain in anyone's book.

Ron
Ron
Pilot House 23 - GladRags
Punta Gorda Florida

A mouse around the house - but much hotter on the water

Lost Lake

Quote from: Timwp on August 19, 2008, 08:41:07 PM
Hey lost, I'm not in the market for your boat...as I just bought a cp16. It looks like a wonderful boat though. I was wondering for future reference what the trailer weight for a boat this size is, and what do you pull it with. I would like to talk the wife into something this size in a couple of years.

She weighs in around 2500 with all her stuffings, and about 3200 with the trailer. I pull it with a six cylinder Dodge truck.

A six cylinder Cummins that is. In a Dodge 5500. It's my wife's grocery getter... 425 horse and 860 torque. If the boat fell off I'd never know it, seriously, I don't know it's back there. So really I can't give you a fair answer.

But I do have loads of experience pulling all kinds of stuff!   Just about anything will pull it, but you should use something that can handle about 3,000 pounds plus all the people and gear in your vehicle. I towed a 3500 pound camper with a minivan and a S-10 Blazer. The minivan would pull it, but if I had to panic stop, I sweat bullets. Even the Blazer was hard pressed to stop the additional weight. If you have a smaller vehicle like that, brakes on the trailer would be nice!

Timwp

Thanks, Lost...and all for your answers. Love the boat, I'll have to remember that "grocery getter" angle when it's time to step up to a 19.

Lost Lake

Don't misunderstand, you can pull a 19 with your bicycle!! I saw a guy pull a semi with his teeth once....  But realistically, if you want to pull it up a wet ramp or stop it quickly in Chicago traffic, a decent sized tow vehicle helps.

Whatever you are comfortable with. Be safe!!!

Lost Lake

Boy this sold a lot faster than I thought... Don't list too low if you are selling!!!