a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Best sail yet.............

Started by Glenn Basore, August 21, 2011, 02:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Basore

I had my best sail yet with my Eclipse off the cost of Ventura, Calif Saturday.

Winds were 15 - 20, moderate white caps, no swells to speak of but copy conditions and Warm weather.

Lots of other sailors were out as well.

The Eclipse still draws a lot of looks....................

I sailed for about 4.5 hours before returning to the docks

Glenn

Napier6

Great to hear Glenn.  Any photos? 

I've had some good sailing here in Ga. but the 90 plus temps have kept them few and far between.  I spent last weekend on the boat.  Still a little hot.  Had to swim in the evening and morning to make it. My camera batt. died so no pictures.
2005 Com-Pac Eclipse Hull #28 "Skylark"

Glenn Basore

Napier,

No pictures, would like to take some and post but I had so much trouble attempting to post on this site I just gave up..........

This old man just cant figure out this electronic gadgets...........

Glenn

jthatcher

hey that is right.. for those of us on the site who are not from the east coast, i guess life is pretty normal!   good for you.. :)   we are all looking forward to getting back to normal as soon as possible.. for some of us,  flooded basements and downed trees may be taking priority over checking on boats, but we will get that behind us in time.   And, although  Adagio will be pulled for the season if she is not already out of the water,  I am looking forward to one more sail with Bob on Barnegat Bay - he assures me that we will find an autumn sail to be the most pleasant experience yet..  perhaps you find it that to be the case  in CA  as well?    jt

Glenn Basore

Actually,

Fall through winter is pretty nice sailing, but for us here on the west cost, temperature's in the 50 to 60's is pretty chilly!

Glenn B.