a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

suncat bimini advise

Started by patch, May 15, 2008, 08:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patch

what is your opinion of the suncat Bimini,is it worth the $520.00.can the Taylor Bimini do the job for 1/2 the price.this may be my next purchase.just bought the garmin 478 gps from amazon.best price around $753.

Craig Weis

B.O.A.T. , Break Out Another Thousand.
You never pay too much, just buy too soon. LOL.

Hey my friend just paid $1,700 for a dodger on his Com-Pac 19 with ss tubing custom built. Looks good and looks proper.
I would like a dodger also but can not fathom the thought of drilling and screwing all thoughs fasteners to the cabin top. skip.

solarfry

Only if the frame of the Com-pac bimini is made of stainless steel.  Not that it matters that much on a sailboat. It does matter when the wind exceeds 45 mph or a friend uses bimini frame to hang onto while lifting hinself out of boat.

The frame is what makes a difference.

I like Vinyl better than Sunbrella. Sun seems to go right through Sunbrella. But I guess it's a matter of choice.

patch

installed my westland bimini from go2marine works great,fits perfect i can see the sail angle and the wind indicater.nice being out of the sun.docking and hitting the mooring is easy.it clears the traveler with plenty of space left over.the boom drops right on the gallows.tacking and gybing is no problem.