a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

In need of C-23 "eyebrow" teak rails, and other C23 specific accessories

Started by hockeyfool, August 23, 2010, 02:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hockeyfool

I just   bought  an 81' compac 23 , it is an 8  out of 10 , as great condition on most of hull, rigging, sails, and most of cabin.
It  does need the teak rails on  cabin , and may need more teak floor board by  forward cabin near bulkhead and head.
Also  may  need some hardware/gear( blocks, deck organizers, line clutches )for halyards, vang, ect - to lead into cockpit .
Are this  items in a compac cataloge  or aftermarket supplier ?

brackish

I sent you an email with ComPac's 23 parts and price list spreadsheet.  Some of the boat specific things you mention are on the list.

For common use items, that is things that are not just specific to the ComPac 23, it pays to shop around.  I like Garhauer direct for blocks and fittings and things you can use to build your vang (they have a free freight period right now),  Ultimate Passage for electronics, Iboats for those small miscellaneous items because they often have very low shipping rates.  Since I got my 23 a little over a year ago, I've bought items from at least a dozen suppliers including Hutchins.  Sailcare also has good prices on many items.  They have the lowest prices I've seen on things like deck organizers.

Wiggs

I just bought eyebrows for my 19 from Hutchins. I think they were about $40. Was a lot easier than trying to fine someone to make them for me.

Wiggs

Billy

Me to I bought all new teak from Hutchins for my 19. It makes a HUGE difference and good to know it's the right size and it will fit. Ordering stuff from the internet is always a gamble.
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Billy

just checked my old emails. I got the eyebrows from Hutchins for $35 each.  if you want let me have your email and I'll send you the pdf for the prices (for my 19 of course). Or you could just email Gerry and he'll give you a correct quote for a 23.
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

hockeyfool

Quote from: brackish on August 23, 2010, 03:50:02 PM
I sent you an email with ComPac's 23 parts and price list spreadsheet.  Some of the boat specific things you mention are on the list.

For common use items, that is things that are not just specific to the ComPac 23, it pays to shop around.  I like Garhauer direct for blocks and fittings and things you can use to build your vang (they have a free freight period right now),  Ultimate Passage for electronics, Iboats for those small miscellaneous items because they often have very low shipping rates.  Since I got my 23 a little over a year ago, I've bought items from at least a dozen suppliers including Hutchins.  Sailcare also has good prices on many items.  They have the lowest prices I've seen on things like deck organizers.
Thankyou -- and everyone else - I need to check it out .