a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

"last one for Sale"

Started by nearlynu, May 12, 2008, 12:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nearlynu

I just noticed looking over the net that Frank's 2008 25 is for sale. This was the last one built and he just got through with an 8 week cruise. It is for sale for what seems like a good price. Beautiful Boat!

Greg
CP 25 "Frolic"

Bob23

Hmm...wonder why?
Bob23, maybe changing his name to Bob25?

nearlynu

Search Com-Pac on boats.com, plug in 25' and you will find it, nice add and lots of pictures.

frank

Bob...easy answer. Jubilee is a great shallow water cruiser.It was a super Bahamas boat and would do well on the Chesapeake or the Keys as well. We truly enjoyed her in the Bahamas as we toured the Abacos for the 5th time.We love it there , purchased land and are in the process of getting a building permit for Manjack Cay ;-)  We hope to continue to sail once settled in, but on a boat of less size and much less $$. Anyone who has priced material there understands.
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

Bob23

Frank:
   Good and understandable answer. Best to you in your building project. If I lived closer, I'd be truely interested in your 25, but being in NJ and also being a building contractor in the middle of a housing slump, I'm being careful about any purchased. I guess my name shall remain.............
   Bob23

frank

Well, we got the cottage framed.Will hopefully work on finishing when we return in november.  "Jubilee" is still for sale. I'll be sailing over a 1964 pearson electra 22fter I restored then as well. Anyone interested can e-mail me   fdurant at webhart dot net   Have a great season everyone.

kchunk

Hi there Frank! I'm looking to upgrade my 23, and while I don't think I'm looking to spend 38 thousand "firm" dollars, I do have two questions for you. You bought this boat brand new with custom upgrades, why did you opt for an outboard and a tiller? (I think I know why...just curious)

I just had a real sweet CP27 sell out from under my nose this week :(  I "kicked the tires" too many times and never pulled the trigger. Is there such thing as non-buyer's remorse or tire kicker's remorse? Anyway, I'm regretting NOT buying that one! Some things were meant to be I guess.

--Greg

mrb

Frank

Saw your place pictures on SailFar.  Looking nice, CONGRADULATIONS

frank

Mrb...thanks ;-)     Kchunk....a tiller is simple,relatively no parts to screw up,tips up out of the way and is super easy to put an inexpensive autohelm on. An OB is and will continue to be my choice of engine.After several inboards and the high cost of repairs,built in fuel tank problems and frustrations of mainainance in close quarters...the simplicity of an OB shines thru. The 4 strokes are exellent on fuel,easy to maintain and if you do need a mechanic..ya take it to him. If it really has ya frustrated...turn it into an anchor and buy a new one for the same cost of one fleesing by a mechanic doing an 'in the water' repair of your inboard.I know the $38000 is more than some other older ones.But it is 1/2 the replacement cost for a 1yr old boat with many nice touchs and extras that has only been sailed 8-9 weeks. 

Bob23

Frank- So tempting. Maybe if I give blood for a year or two...
Bob23..dreaming.

frank

I no longer have ads running but "Jubilee" is still stored 'on the hard' and for sale. Reach me at fdurant at webhart dot net if interested.

nearlynu

Hey Frank,

I have followed your postings here and at sail far for some time now. I just kinda lurk around in the background reading and learning, and I have enjoyed your posts. I am Canadian and have lived here in Mississippi since 72. My dad taught me to sail on Constance Bay where we had a cottage for years; I have fond memories of the area even though I know it has change so much over the years.

I bought my 25 around the same time you did, mine is a 2000 model. I totally understand your love of tiller and outboard, mine is set up the same way. I was interested in the motor mount that you installed, it looks different from anything I have seen or maybe it is just the way the picture looked. You have a beautiful boat and it is well worth the price you are asking, so good luck with selling her.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the 25 as far as sailing characteristics, what you liked about the boat and what you might change if you could. I am on an inland lake and will shortly head down to the Tampa/Venice area to get in some Gulf sailing and unfortunately spread my dad's ashes over his old sailing grounds. He passed away last weekend at 84, he had come up to visit me for a couple of days of sailing (two absolutely perfect days of sailing), when he had to go to the hospital and did not make it out. Dad had retired from the Canadian Air Force and moved us down here.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Good sailing and fair winds

Greg
CP 25 "Frolic"

frank

If you sailed on Constance Bay...you were close to where I live in Pembroke. The motor mount is standard 'Compac' issue. I love the shoal draft. While it may loose a few degrees to weather, it more than makes up for it with the places you can get in/out of. The wind blows in the Abacos during winter. I never had the 150 up once! Often it was a reef in the main and full jib. I found the boat extremely light on the helm...I'm sure do to the balanced rudder.I had compac do a few mods which would be difficult after ei: galley mods and the built in gas tank holders P/S in the cockpit. I recieved lots of compliments from other cruisers and even the boatyard guys  "best looking boat here". If you cruise in and around shallow water, I honestly don't think there is a better small cruiser out there.