a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Well, I've gone and done it...

Started by kchunk, February 04, 2008, 09:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kchunk

I bought CP-23 hull 533, the '91 that was on boarttrader.com. My son and I drove from Daytona to Irmo, SC, 400 miles, and towed her home with our 07 Honda Ridgeline. This was my first time towing a boat and my first time towing anything with our Ridge (6 hours up and 8 hours back). The trip went better than I could have hoped!

Spent all day Saturday replacing the batteries, and going over the systems. Sunday was engine day. New fuel system from the tank to the carb and rebuilt the carb. Today, the wife and I stepped the mast, splashed her and putted on over to our slip.

Four days of adventure, learning and excitement! No one got hurt...nothing broke...everything went like it was supposed to. I think I'm going to love this boat! She's quite a departure from my last boat, a Catalina 27 project bought off the trailer, right to a boatyard, and 6-weeks on the hard. That's no way to introduce the family to boating!

Paul

Congratulations!!  Good omens abound.  Here's to continued success.

Bob23

MANY CONGRATS!
   You will love the boat- how could someone not? I'm a bit envious that your's is in the water; mine sits on her trailer in the back yard, covered getting the maintenance, upgrades and repairs that she deserves to keep her looking pretty! It's a labor of love.
   Do you have photos?
   Bob23 in NJ and varnishing, still varnishing!

Glenn Basore

Congratulations !

Yes, the anticipation and joy of getting your new boat is something you will all ways remember. now that she is sitting at your dock and you no she is truly yours.

I'm sure she will bring to your family many happy hours.

Glenn

B.Hart

Another COM-PAC finds a good home, thats what we like to hear. Hope you have many years of HAPPY SAILING!   BILL