a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

cabin-height

Started by rudy, October 07, 2007, 07:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudy

...i know this has been asked several times in this forum, but i'd like to ask again! what i've heard/read ranged from, 4'4'' to 5'5''...
what is the cabin height below deck at its highest point. i mean standing right between the galley and the sink when pulled out. does anyone know? also, is it the same height for the C-19! or is she considerably lower. thanks!
rudy 

Craig Weis

I looked at the 23 and the 19 before buying my 19. A big reason was I was poor at the time and the 19 was cheaper and it came with a brand new 5hp O/B while the 23 had a diesel down in it's belly, many more dollors. I can't say I was over blessed by a high overhead in either boat and I think I had to crawl around in both boats. Second I liked the shape of the 19 underwater far better then the 23. Different designers. I picked the bottom annualized/tested and tweaked by NASA. skip.

C-19-PAPIA

I own both, a CP 19/3 and a CP 23/3: the little own is a bit easier in trailering, in launching into the water and out - but less comfortably inside. Therefore I bought the bigger one two years ago: for cruising much more place for luggage, has a little pantry and a sink, larger "beds". But I won't sell the lovely CP 19 ...
CP 19: ideal for day-sailing (up to 4 adults plus 4 childs!)
CP 23: much better for coastal cruising (lot of place for 2 adults and 2 childs)

Best greatings from Bamberg, Bavaria, Germany
Hanno
CP 19/3 PAPIA  and CP 23/3 FREYA

bob lamb

Hello Bamberg!
  I lived in Beautiful Bamberg for a year and a half (US Army: Warner Caserne) many years ago.  Lots of good memories!

I own a CP23 which I added a pilothouse so I could have standing headroom.  Pics are in the owners Gallery on this site.  I think the original headroom was 4' 8".  I'm too old for all that stooping over down below.

Bob
Cp 23d
"Blest B'yond B'lief"

rudy

hello hanno!
where about are you in bavaria? i am frequently in munich/germany...perhaps you can send me an email if you don't want to go public! just go under profile and you'll see my email-address. it's not hidden at the moment.
cheers
rudy

C-19-PAPIA

hello rudy!
Nice to hear from You!
Bamberg is in the northern part of Bavaria, has approx. 80.000 inhabitants, a big Kathedral called "Dom" - but no water for sailing.
So we travel to the "Ostsee" (Baltic sea) or to Denmark - 12 to14 hours by car.
To travel from Munich to Bamberg: 2 to 3 hours by car or railway ("Intercity").
My e-mail: ba2374@bnv-bamberg.de (I'm seldom at home...)
Best greatings!
Hanno