a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Where to get Poly Glo

Started by cecilg, July 30, 2007, 08:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cecilg

I have been reading about a lot of you having good results with Poly Glo. I live in the north metro Atlanta area and cannot find tis for sale. an anyone point me in the direction to find this stuff? I have a SunCat with red hull and I think I want to try it. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Cecil

Gil Weiss

FYI . . .I am in the water three months now and the boat still looks great!  You buy PG off their web site on the Internet.

spaul

Gil is right as usual. I've used Polyglow for two seasons now and highly recommend it. You must use the cleaner for optimum results, that is at least 50% of the process. This is the best fiberglass cleaner I've ever seen.

http://www.poliglowproducts.com/index2.phtml

Steve

cecilg

Thanks guys,

I've got it on order and can't wait to try it out. Again thanks for the info.
Cecil

spaul

Hey Cecil,
Do spend the time and the energy to clean your fiberglass with the cleaner and a scotch pad, I think they'll send you the right one anyway. The cleaning is easy, use lots of water to rinse with and you'll see a lot of oxidized gel coat wash away leaving a nice surface to wipe  your PG on to. You will be amazed, but don't be let down in 6 or more months when it starts to look a little worn, just add more on top of the old and smile :)

Steve

cecilg

Steve,

Thanks for the tips. I'll be glad to see the outcome. My hull is in pretty good shape so it shouldn't be bad to work with.

Again thanks, Cecil

spaul

Cecil,
You will find it easy to clean and easy to apply. The topsides will need re coating more frequently due to foot traffic and perhaps more sunshine. You will be amazed.

Steve