a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CPYOA New Gallery Frustrations

Started by cheapsyacht, October 13, 2007, 12:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheapsyacht

I spent a couple of hours loading 15 picture files and lots of text today and was dismayed to find even after re-naming existing files in ascending numerical order my new album name does not appear on the albums list and the pictures are out of order and mixed in with other folks' submissions.  If the new album forum can't be made to work any better than that I won't post any more pictures and comments.  I was hoping to use the gallery as a place to post pictures of a very basic Suncat that I hope to take to a whole 'nother level by adding equipment aimed at making it more seaworthy, navigable and user-friendly.  Some folks might be interested in some of the modifications I will make to the boat.  I have already made some modifications in the pictures added today that provide a way to get the boat into a standard 7' garage door opening.  Please help if you can.   Thanks.

Craig Weis

I suffer from the very same problems. But I did manage to post a few pics on this gallery a long time ago.
Then any more attempts comes back with a message that I have used up all my space...??? But I have endless space on my Ford Model 'A' space. I don't get it...??? And I have never been able to post pics on these type of posts in use now. But on Frapper below on the first page of CPYOA I had no problem as long as my pics came from my documents off my desk top. I do not under stand how all this hocus pocus works. But I think it's just dumb me. skip. Keep trying.

cheapsyacht

Hiya Skip;  I did actually get it all to come together this morning.  What I was missing was how to get my album to come up so I could see all my pictures and descriptions in the order I wanted them in.  One trick I long since learned for any of these album sites is to create a holding file folder on my hard drive for only the picture files I plan to upload and to rename the files in ascending numerical order like 00001, 00002, 00003, etc.  This assures the pictures will sort in the ascending order of the re-named files.  I added the last pictures I will have for awhile and it at least gets the reader thru the early history of the boat and some pretty neat modifications to allow the boat to be garage stored conveniently.  The boat is pretty bare bones and I will add an electrical system with running lights, battery, switch panel, either engine alternator charging or possibly solar panel charging, some simple navigation instruments, an anchor system, a factory boarding ladder and some safety gear eventually.  I like doing this sort of thing, did instructional websites for hot rod cars for years.   Thanks...

Paul

Cheapsyacht:

Hello and welcome to the forum.  You certainly have the right idea about dedicating a file on the harddrive for uploading.  I also suggest keeping individual file sizes (photos) low.  Say, no larger than 800 pixels wide.  This helps with the space issue, in my experience.  Somewhere on the forum are specific instruction for posting photos in the new gallery written by the recent forum's original administrator, Captain K.  I try to find a link to it, soon.

Paul

Paul

Paul

Appologies to Clemmens.  ::)  I think I read similar instructions on Capt K's SailFar site.  Should be same instructions and operations.  8)