a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Centerboard leak

Started by glenng, September 27, 2007, 10:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenng

Hello Everyone,   New owner of a picnic cat  and am having trouble with water inside the bildge.  I believe it is coming from the center board going up and down during sailing.  Do to everytime I come into dock theres water again.  Any thoughts out there on how to tighten up the box for the center board?

GlennG

Craig Weis

Do you know if it is the box at the bolt in attachment points into the hull or just the packing around the pivot bolt at the center board?
Put her on the trailer and fill the bilge with the garden hose and watch for the tell tail leak. If you have a compartmentalized bilge drop in a little food die to distinguse the leaky area.

Somewhere on the company web site Com-Pac has a photo of the 'box' for a SunCat and talks about the construction. Might be the same as a Picnic Cat. The picture may help you 'see' what you are dealing with. Just a thought. Skip.

glenng

thanks Skip  i will take alook at both those.   I noticed that i take in most of the water when i'm sailing and raising the center board up and down to meet he shoals.