a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP16 '77 for sale - $2495

Started by FirstSB, September 07, 2007, 04:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FirstSB

We love sailing and are moving up to a bigger boat.
Listed on http//eastnc.craigslist.org/boa/416230401.html
with pictures
trailer in fair shape
new Yamaha 4hp engine 8/26/06 for $1128
Sails in fair shape, no tears.

I'll keep the motor and drop the price to $1495.
Located in Newport NC
252-726-4814

ted childs

Very interested.  In what part of NC is Newport located?  I live in Northeast Georgia.

Looked at your website; cute grandkids!

Thanks,

Ted Childs

FirstSB

Newport is right outside of Morehead City on Hwy 24.  We're actually on Bogue Sound but have a Newport zip.  The grandkids are one of the reasons we are moving up to a bigger boat.

ted childs

Are the hull and bottom paint in good condition and all lines and halyards in good shape?  I tried to check out the craig's list site but get it work.  Could you email some pictures?

Thanks for responding and good luck with you sailboat search.

Ted

Paul

FWIW:

Try this:
http://eastnc.craigslist.org/boa/416230401.html

Hope this helps.  Good luck in moving up!!

Looks like a nice boat.

ted childs

Thanks for the craig's list pictures.   Is trailer in good enough condition to make it back to Georgia?  I'm concerned about what "fair" condition means.

Thanks,

ted

FirstSB

Sorry for not posting quicker, but I've been responding to emails from Craig's List and thought that would suffice.  We did more of an upgrade than a "restore".  Lots of elbow grease and paint, replaced a lot of wood inside and cabin door.  Put a drain plug in stern and  roller cleats on mast.  All new lines.
Trailer had the axle, springs, and wheels replaced in late '90s but we've been launching in salt water the last year.  The tires spin good but I would repack bearings before a long trip.  The trailer is not titled but I have the last title holders information, he died in the '80s.

FirstSB

Kept the motor and sold the boat for $1200.