Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

How do I post a .pdf file?

Started by jimyoung, August 17, 2007, 04:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimyoung

Help!

I have a short story, or tale as it is (see copyright topic in lounge for more detail) that I would like to post for the forum's perusal but am not sure the best way to make it accessable.  The pages are currently in a .pdf format but I could convert them to almost any acceptable.

Any suggestions?  I guess I could scan them to a .jpg and put them into my Gallery as a picture but I am not sure if they will blow up enough for anyone to read.

I could also cut and paste but none of the pictures will come out.

Thanks in advance.
Jim

crbakdesign

Jim,

.pdf files normally have to be converted to text to be readable.  It's just the nature of the beast. You may find a free software to convert .pdf files to text. The other way to do it is to print a hard copy of the document, and then scan the text using the ocr function of the scanner to copy/insert the text into a word processor document.  Just a suggestion.

jimyoung

Thanks for the input. Getting it to a word file is no problem, as it was created first that way.  I just wanted to post as a .pdf thus including the pictures.

I have decided to post less pictures and that seems to solve all my dilemmas.

Again thanks for the response.

spaul

Hi Jim,
I've been sort of following your trip progress as I'm able to. I embed photo's into word documents all the time in the form of reports. You would be well served to keep those photo's as small as feasable though. Try it, you might like it.

Steve Paul

jimyoung

Steve,

Thanks for the response.

I too insert photos into my word files, however when I try to cut & paste the file to the forum the inserts do not copy over.   Unless there is a way to drop in the entire word file that I don't know about?

Jim

spaul

Good question Jim,
I'll look into that and let you know what I find.

Steve