a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Standard Sun Cat rigging

Started by cheapsyacht, August 05, 2007, 11:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheapsyacht

Hello;  As I stated in my post about garage door clearance I am a new Sun Cat owner.  The sail and mast rigging and the gaff were all removed from this boat so it could be trailered safely 240 miles from Yacht World in Sister Bay WI to my summer place in Garden MI in Michigan's UP.  There was no owner's manual for the used boat so I called Com Pac in FL and ordered the Sun Cat owner's manual.  Can anyone tell me if the owner's manual has good enough diagrams and pictures to allow me to figure out how the sail rigging is all routed or am I in trouble here? 

Thanks.  Dave...

Craig Weis

Well now, I bought my Com-Pac 19 XL from Yacht Works in Sister Bay, Wisconsin many years ago.

You sail where I would love to sail if I had enough time off from building boats at Palmer Johnson Yachts. 

Anyway my owners manual is very complete on rigging and out fitting. I do admit that not everything in the manual was followed, as for instance...C-P wanted me to run the forward sail sheets between the two standing rigging stays...this does not work! so all the head sail sheet is out side of everything on the boat. Also sinnaker sheets too. And that works well.

I Had a friend that had an owner's manual that he let me copy. Additionally I have all the parts list and old prices through the years...way cool.

I have two three ring note books on board. One with all the paper work for the boat, trailer and motor, USPS safety checks, Coast Guard required lititure and other stuff... Plus everything I ever bought for my boat.

The second has all the interesting tid bits on the C-P 19. And that is way cool too. skip.