a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

My New 19

Started by MichaelQuigley, September 28, 2024, 11:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelQuigley

Thanks to this forum, I was recently able to adopt Wes Newman's 1988 19/3, "Bella". Wes really did an exceptional job with Bella. I'll just let the picture do the talking...

Happy to officially be one of you again!

Hoping to have her out on the water next weekend for our first sail together.

Hope everyone is getting through Helene okay!

p.s. I forgot to mention to Wes... but we got at least 3 or 4 thumb's ups on the way home with Bella, including a parade float with about 30 children on it in the Asheboro area... I don't know if that counts as 1 or 30, though.
1988 Com-Pac 19/3 #453, "Bella"

crazycarl

Bella is the nicest 19 I've seen. Wes did an exceptional job on her. The paint is second to none. A head turner for sure.
Congratulations!
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

MHardy

Congrats! I've sailed on Bella and she is a fine boat. I'm sure you will enjoy her.
Seagull II, 1987 CP 27
Seagull, 1983 CP 16
Washington, North Carolina

kickingbug2

MichaelQuigley

Thank you! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of y'all out on the water over the coming seasons...

deisher6

Hey Michael:
Congratulations!
I too have sailed on Bella with Wes.
You are a fortunate man, purchasing the only used sailboat that I can think of that does not require ANY additional work or maintenance.
Wes takes care of his gear.
regards charlie

MichaelQuigley

Finally managed to get Bella in the water today! We were going to try to take her out last Saturday, but all of the boat ramps on Lake Norman were closed due to Helene aftermath.

This Saturday was supposed to be relatively cool (~72) with 5-10mph winds. Ended up being warmer than that, with no wind at all (maybe "gusting" to 2?)... but we still managed to take the boat out. There was also a HUGE bass tournament at the boat ramp... finding a trailer spot at Blythe Landing was like almost exactly finding a parking spot when Christmas shopping.

Also put in an order for a new trailer from Triad in Raleigh this week. The old Hutch trailer is ready for retirement.