a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

really hot CLR this year

Started by kickingbug2, June 20, 2024, 07:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug2

i hope that all of you CLR attendees have noticed the weather forecast. high in the 90s with maybe 100 on tues day race day.  lots of water and cold towels for you neck. good hats lots of sunscreen. meet and greet at the marina galley monday 6p   

crazycarl

Yes, I've been watching the temps. 🥵Think we'll spend more time in the water than on it. 🏊�♂️
I was more concerned with rain. Didn't want to drag the boat all that way and not be able to sail. We figured if it was rainy we'd still come, just not bring the boat. Speaking of the boat. Everything fell into place this year. New VHF antenna arrived early, o/b is running great, new trailer lights installed without problems, and the new headlights for the truck arrived much earlier than expected. Good omens!
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug2

rain doesnt look to be a concern. as long as we have wind {and it looks like we will} the heat may not be too bad

kickingbug2

as far as i know no one has cancelled

crazycarl

We were planning on leaving Friday morning, but last minute details turned into hours. We leave Saturday morning and should arrive late Sunday afternoon.

rogerschwake

I plan to be there Monday afternoon. Hope they don't run out of ice. Good luck to everyone on the road and let the wind blow.

crazycarl

Everything was going too good. Now we're sitting on the shoulder with a blowout on 5 year old tires. Fender is destroyed and gouged the hull. New trailer light is destroyed. Waiting for Boat U.S. towing assist to arrive. It's going to be a long day.

crazycarl

Boat U.S. just called. It will be at least 3 hours before they arrive. 😔

Christopher

Bummer!  Hope you got it towable by now.

Cpy23ecl

Well that sucks, nothing worse than being broken down far from home.  I've got 2 almost new diamond plate aluminum fenders from my eclipse trailer that you can have if you want to swing by South Bend, IN on the way home.  I upgraded to larger tires but they didn't change the fenders which consequently caused the tires to rub on them.  Magic tilt sent me 2 new fenders to replace them.

Fred

crazycarl

Thanks for the offer Fred. Will they fit 15" tires? We finally made it to Carlyle Lake. The boat is on a slip and we're at Steve and Sarah's.

Before arriving we were flagged by a semi driver. The portside trailer light's bracket had broken and it was dragging on the license plate. I guess we weren't meant to have lights on this trip.

Cpy23ecl

I think tire size on the eclipse trailer was 10" and I ordered with 13" so no they definitely won't work for 15".  Sorry.

Fred

slode

After a few blow outs on trailers with bias ply tires close to full rating, including 2 with the Eclipse, I've gone to radial tires and had no issues with treads separating like this.  I'd highly recommend for your replacement.
"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

crazycarl

Next time I buy tires I'll into the radials.