a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

couple of things ---clr

Started by kickingbug2, June 12, 2024, 08:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug2

first off i think i told everyone that the meet and greet dinner would be at the winery. sarah tells me that she will make the meal and we will have it at the marina galley room. in regards to the race, the sailing association is reluctant about us using their race markers but mine are still intact, they are the stand up type, lime green with red flags. they worked last year pretty well. everyone got out early and sailed the course ahead of time so they knew where they were at start time. we are still thinking that the race will be tuesday afternoon. i figured every boats phrf rating and participants will get start times at the meet and greet. the plan so far is to race a 2 mile course with the markers (2) 1/3 mile apart. so three passes for each mile. it worked pretty well last year. weather permitting the cruise to the silo is still on and maybe a night sail. thursday night is the awards dinner and cornhole tourney. let me know if you have any suggestions

crazycarl

I like my 14oz ribeye grilled over natural charcoal (no liquid starter).  It should be semi-blackened on the outside and pink inside. Baked potato plain, and a smooth but heavy red wine. I'm not much for desert, teramisu or chocolate mousse will do.
As for Joanie, a hotdog and a glass of tap water will suffice.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug2

i will check with the chef but im guessing there just might be a problem and not with the hotdog and tap water