a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

99 25’ Com Pac (new to me)

Started by NESailing, June 02, 2024, 03:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NESailing

Greetings from NH!  I just took delivery of a 25' Com Pac last week and am starting to work on her. She's been sitting  since 2014 and needs some cleaning up as well as some maintenance. She has a 9.8 HP on a bracket which is now  running along with sorting out some electrical issues. I have a few questions and would appreciate any suggestions more experienced sailors have.

1. The boat has a breaker labeled "anchor" but does not have an anchor light at the mast top.  Was an anchor light standard equipment at time of production?

2.  The head has a Jabsco which appeared to be plumbed both to the holding tank and a seacock. Did the boat have a pump out for the tank or just the pump out located on the deck?

3.  I recognize that it's a small boat but I think there are ways to improve storage for things like cleaning supplies, utensils, personal items such as sunscreen, etc.  For example an addition of some type of cabinet over the head with a shelf or two would be great. I'd appreciate it if people would share some pics of ways that they've personalized their  boat. Galley, head v berth, anything would help.

Now if I can just find a mooring.  😂

Andre

No knowledge of 25s just PCs and HCs but my 2014 HC has a full complement of nav lights so I think a 25 would.

I've found Hutchins/Com-Pac to be quite helpful. Email them or call them regarding questions 1 & 2. Provide your HIN number just in case there were changes during the production run.

Regarding the anchor light - if the mast is down or even if it's not you may be able to trace the wires to determine if it was wired for an anchor light and maybe a steaming light (my HC's is on the front of the mast). If you haven't had the mast down it's possible it was knocked off or removed for some reason.

Andre

NESailing

Thanks for the reply Andre, I appreciate it!  I looked over the mast last night, it has a steaming light but not there's zero indication of a steaming light.  I'm guessing they used the same panel for most of their boats but one was never installed.

I've been looking on the web and saw a few boats with a cabinet mounted above the head so I'm taking your advice and reaching out to Hutchins to see if a cabinet was an option at the time. 

I hope that you have great summer and get a lot of time on the water.  I'd enjoy seeing a pic of your boat if you have one readily available to post.