a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

A Bit of a Predicament

Started by crazycarl, May 01, 2024, 11:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

I'm leaving for the Florida 120 on the 14th. The boat paint I ordered hasn't come yet. Neither has the new spreader boots, depth meter, cabin sole, hatch screen, furler leads, tryck mirrors, or the new headlights. However the 18 cabinets for the garage were delivered a week early.

No matter, I'll be there. If you're going, look for the truck with 1 broken side mirror and 2 frosted headlights pulling the ugliest Compac 19. At least she'll be under brand new sails.

20240501_190414.jpg
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

5monkeys

Yeah, but your boat is in the Family room, how cool is that? Very!!
Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

crazycarl

Well, she's all hooked up and ready to go! 5am can't come soon enough. I was able to buy new extendable side mirrors and install them. Even the o/b started on the 3rd pull and the 6 year old trailer lights all worked perfect.

5monkeys

Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

kickingbug2

are you going solo are is joanie your crew? she is your better half (in your case 3/4s}

crazycarl

I arrived about an hour ago and met up with Chris. He alerted me to an email that was sent this morning 2 hours after I left home. Due to weather, things have changed. Well, can't read emails and texts while driving so here i am. Tomorrow Chris and I will launch and sail around the area before meeting up with the others on Thursday.

I usually get 17.9 mpg, pulling the boat and the truck bed loaded with gear traveling an average of 65 mph...10mpg. Ouch.