a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Greetings to all!

Started by rdnzl23, August 29, 2023, 09:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdnzl23

Another enthusiastic new CP16 owner here!
#906 joined our family two weeks ago.

We've been casually looking for the right trailer sailer for many years. She finally presented herself two weeks ago not too far from home near Philadelphia. We didn't hesitate. We're currently in Hatteras on vacation, enjoying the last bits of summer before things pick up again. We brought her with us and have had her out in Pamlico Sound a couple of times already. Love her!

Because our world is so small, a little background:
I grew up doing some occasional summer sailing with scouts and at camp. The perfect birthday gift came in the middle 00's from my SO, training and certification with Capt. Bill at Sarabay Sailing for the two of us. The phrase, "and we're off like a herd of turtles," has forever since been in my vernacular. In 2011 we spent a week aboard for additional training & certification with Barefoot Offshore in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Wow, what an experience. Shortly after that we took the Coastal Nav class with Steve Mink at Liberty Sailing School in Philly. With a good introduction and some training in hand it was time to start sailing...then life got in the way.

Fast forward to 2023, the 50-mile markers rapidly approaching, and we now (finally) have our first sailboat. Woohoo!

We're enjoying reading through the treasure trove of experiences here on the site, looking forward to making some new friends, and exploring the waters nearby (Chesapeake, Delaware, Barnegat and others?).

Pleasant breezes,

joe
Joe
Cherry Hill, NJ

1979 CP 16 Mk I - Hull #906

Cruzin

Welcome and congrats on your new Compac 16! A fine vessel you will love! Have fun!

Dale
" Some people never find it, some... only pretend,  but Me; I just want to live happily ever after, now and then."  Jimmy Buffett

crazycarl

Welcome aboard.  Watch out for the curmudgeon "Bob23".  He sails Barnegat Bay and has a nasty taste for pbr.  He may try to coerce an inniatiation fee from you too.  Pay him no mind, he's just an old man with no friends.
I'm not too far from your current position.  I'm in Oriental on the southern side of Pamilco Sound.  Stay safe with this storm heading our way.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"