a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Suncat sail cover

Started by Ken J, August 06, 2023, 10:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken J

Does anyone know where I can get a sail cover for a suncat ? Needs to have openings for lazy jacks - thanks so much !

Jon898

I've used Lonesome Pines Canvas for the PC's cover.  Excellent service and design ideas.  Use the SailboatCompany website http://sailboatrichlands.com , scroll to the bottom of the left side navigation pane and click on Mail Order Canvas.  Contact through the phone.

They didn't have a template for the PC when I called so I sketched up a design which he improved on.

Jon

dbybe

I called the number for the sail covers and it connected to a wrong number.  Do you have any other contact info?
Don B.
'09 Sun Cat
Sacramento California
(Sun Cat avatar to follow)

dbybe

Quote from: Ken J on August 06, 2023, 10:03:25 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a sail cover for a suncat ? Needs to have openings for lazy jacks - thanks so much !

I will be selling a cover which is pretty much brand new.  I inherited it when I purchased an 09 Suncat.  Send a private message and we can discuss an appropriate cost if you are interested.  It is made by Kent Sail Company in Michigan and is fabricated from Sunbrella in a deep redish purple color.  Don
Don B.
'09 Sun Cat
Sacramento California

Jon898

Quote from: dbybe on September 01, 2023, 02:24:30 PM
I called the number for the sail covers and it connected to a wrong number.  Do you have any other contact info?

Try contacting Keith at the home page for The Sailboat Company (email, phone and text) - he may know what's going on.

Ken J

I talked to Mrs Keith - not much help - I did find someone who can make me one thx

Ken J

dbybe

Quote from: Ken J on September 06, 2023, 10:17:00 PM
Don - sent you a pm

Ken, I tried responding to you PM and to send photos but at this point I cannot even tell if my messages went through or the photos did also.  I did see your PMs so send you actual email and I can get the photos to you.

Actually, it looks different here than in messages and I think I was able to attach the photos.  I included a photo of my lazyjacks, which do not work with this cover.  I would have to unclip them and let them drop to each side of the boom.

Don B.
'09 Sun Cat
Sacramento California

dbybe

Quote from: Ken J on September 04, 2023, 11:15:29 AM
I talked to Mrs Keith - not much help - I did find someone who can make me one thx

I wrote to Keith also.  The number on his site did not go to the right company, so he sent me a second number also.  I only received an answering machine but it did not seem like a sail cover company either.
Don B.
'09 Sun Cat
Sacramento California