Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1st Sail of 2023-Whoop Whoop

Started by Endeavor, June 09, 2023, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endeavor

Hey All,
I finally got to take her out today after putting her in 3 weeks ago.  Boy have I been chomping at the bit to go out.  Last weekend I was stymied by the out board which quit on me 30ft from the dock so I was able to be blown back by the wind to my berth.  So on to fixing little things and raising my new main-glad I did because it would have been a challenge out on the water.  Turns out the new lugs(?) were a bit too tight to even get the sail up half way, lube needed and done among other things.

Well, today was beauty, outboard(Tohatsu 6.6) fired right up and didn't quit, so out Tuckerton creek I went.  Great 1st sail of 2023 and 2nd solo for me.  Lightish, 8 knots, winds out of the W-NW with some brisky gusts.  This is my 2nd season with my CP-23 and on Little Egg Harbor.   I have to say the sailing is very good and I am looking forward to more exploring.  Barnegat Bay is just a few hours sail north and the Great Bay about the same South.

Happy Sailing y'all.
1984 Com-Pac MKII 311

Bob23

Hi Endeavor! Another NJ 23 here! While I haven't sailed my 23 there, I have rowed it a few times. I live a bit north of you, in Manahawkin and my 23 resides at Long Key Marina in Waretown. I'm in Tuckerton often my son, brother and sister all live there. If I can figure out how to send a pm, I'll send you my cell #, maybe we can grab coffee at the Dockside Diner!
Best to you!!!! New Jersey-greatest state in the Union!!
Bob23

Endeavor

Howdy Commadore,  I sent you a PM.  Im sorry I missed the last get together with you folks.  It sure looked like a good bit of fun.
1984 Com-Pac MKII 311

Bob23

Hey there Swabbie!  I didn't receive your PM so I'll email you my cell #. Looks like our yachts are only 10 apart. I am 1985 #321!
Bob23