a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Can't Update Forum Profile

Started by USMCR O-5, April 15, 2021, 03:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USMCR O-5

I hate to ask for this kind of help because it's probably a simple solution, but every time I try to change my avatar or profile information, I get:

This page isn't working right now
cpyoa.com can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

Tim Gardner

The issue was resolved,  surprised by its return.   Will check it out over the weekend.

Thanks for your patience.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

USMCR O-5

I tried changing my forum profile again and still can't.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

Tim Gardner

I am unable to replicate your error as this is probably a transient Server error,.

Try Again.,  TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Seachelle

Hi, I'm having the same issue trying to update my profile as well. Tim, I tried to send you a PM about this topic the other day, but not sure if it went through -- if I should send the PM to someone else, please let me know -- I honestly wasn't sure to whom I should send the email, but I thought I'd try first with you.  :) Additionally, thought I'd try to reach out here on this thread, too, to see if I could learn any additional particulars.

Thanks so much!
~ Chelle
2021 Com-Pac Legacy | SV Sunflower (Sunny)
https://sailawaywithchelle.wordpress.com

Tim Gardner

Saw both, and trying to replicate the problem, I can't.  I'm checking with simple Machines (SMP) about the issue.

TG

Seachelle

Quote from: Tim Gardner on February 15, 2022, 07:45:09 AM
Saw both, and trying to replicate the problem, I can't.  I'm checking with simple Machines (SMP) about the issue.

TG

Hi, Tim ~

Thanks so much for letting me know -- I appreciate it! It's strange as I have the issue no matter which device or browser I use -- not sure if that is helpful info, but thought I'd let you know just in case it can help troubleshoot the issue. I've tried with an iPhone, iPad, and a MacBook Pro laptop; browsers include Safari, FireFox, and Chrome.

Thanks, again!
~ Chelle
2021 Com-Pac Legacy | SV Sunflower (Sunny)
https://sailawaywithchelle.wordpress.com

USMCR O-5

Still having trouble uploading an avatar photo.  Not resolved.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...