a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Birthday Greetings

Started by peterg, March 24, 2023, 04:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterg

It is rumored that today marks the anniversary of Bob23's entrance to this planets environs........many, many, many eons ago.  We are not sure of the precise number of years he has been with us, but it is understood that he is accepting birthday gifts of any quantities of Pabst Blue Ribbon swill. Let's all chip in and make this a memorable occasion for the old wharf rat!!!   Happy Birthday, Bob23!!!
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

crazycarl

WHAT ABOUT BOB? (Photo taken on Smith Mountain Lake, BTW)

Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bob23

Tis true, laddies. At my advanced age, I do not speak in terms of years but rather millennia. So what you may ask do I attribute my stamina, good looks and witty personality as well as my unequalled ability to spin a yarn at the drop of a hat.

Tis my steady diet of PBR along with an occasional Guinness and a Newfy's Screetch or two now and again along with large doses of fresh air aboard my beloved 23!

Thanks mates! You've truly made this birthday special!!

kickingbug1

oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

crazycarl

When your asking about Bob, it's "How young of heart is he"?
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bob23

The curmudgeonny truth my friends, as much as I'm able to tell the truth, is that I've passed my 70th year yesterday and celebrated the first day with my good friend Kev who has just become the proud owner of a brand old CP 16! But I'll let him tell the story, as I'm prone to distorting the facts!
Bob23

kickingbug1

ill be 71 come rendezvous time. i will sail as long as i can step the mast unassisted, after that ??????
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Tim Gardner

Welcome to the eight decade of your somewhat dubious existence.
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.